Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm going to be in Boulder for the next 5 weeks so thinking about getting my fix and hiring a bike for a few weekends. I've heard there's a bus up to Nederland which is good since we don't have a car. Can you take bikes on it?

Are there any must see trails up there to ride? Looking for some fun single track to get started on. I've also heard about being able to ride all the way down to Boulder after?

I've got a trail map of the area but there's so many "no bike" "bike" labels it's hard to tell what's ok for riding.

Loving Boulder so far, the sun's a change from Glasgow :D.

·
feel the Force
546 Posts
Nederland is THE place to ride near Boulder. Yes, you can put your bike on the bus. Take the bus up to the Nederland High School, and the singletrack starts right there! That area is known as West Magnolia. From there you can access miles and miles of good riding. The other area near there is called Sourdough and South Saint Vrain. It's a little farther north from Nederland. This area is a little more technical than West Mag, especially Little Raven, Buchanan Pass Trail, and South Saint Vrain Trails. IMHO, these are the best!

·
Old, stale, negative
800 Posts
mtbjedi1 said:
Nederland is THE place to ride near Boulder. Yes, you can put your bike on the bus. Take the bus up to the Nederland High School, and the singletrack starts right there! That area is known as West Magnolia. From there you can access miles and miles of good riding. The other area near there is called Sourdough and South Saint Vrain. It's a little farther north from Nederland. This area is a little more technical than West Mag, especially Little Raven, Buchanan Pass Trail, and South Saint Vrain Trails. IMHO, these are the best!
All good info. I agree totally on all points. If you do mag, head home down mag road back to the canyon and down or for a tougher day take a right on 68 and head down to Gross Res and connect to Walker Ranch and back over Flagstaff for a full day of fun. Go get it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Renegade said:
Yes, lot's of private property. Please respect it, don't trespass.
Preachin' to the choir my friend! :thumbsup:

I've got a couple acres up here and the dogs don't take kindly to trespassers.

As we've all heard, other land owners can be a little more "persuasive" with friends like Remington, Smith, and their close friend, Wesson.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
That last picture scares me. Are those bikes even rideable by the time they make it to Ned?

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Funny stuff.

I guess the Ned bus isn't for those people who coddle their bikes. Wouldn't want to ruin the previous days perfect wax then have to ride it to the coffee shop in Ned.

Maybe those concerned should DRIVE and make sure you use a bug bra.

Or ride up to Ned...

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.