Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple friends & I will be doing the 2020 Huracan 300. 2 of us are thinking about doing the route on our single speed bikepacking rigs. We are planning to head down in November to do a pre-ride shakedown (Mostly to figure out a good gear ratio for the Huracan route). The plan will be to do a two night trip.

I was thinking about possibly doing the TallyTango route in November to have a change in scenery. Aside from the differences in distance, do the two routes have a similar feel in terrain, elevation, & mixed trail surfaces?

Thank for your thoughts!

·
Registered
965 Posts
A couple friends & I will be doing the 2020 Huracan 300. 2 of us are thinking about doing the route on our single speed bikepacking rigs. We are planning to head down in November to do a pre-ride shakedown (Mostly to figure out a good gear ratio for the Huracan route). The plan will be to do a two night trip.
Singlespeed. Make sure your 'shake down' includes the Clermont leg of the route.

·
The Voice of Reason
523 Posts
having never ridden either of these rides i might be talking out of my ass but i live in florida and i've ridden a lot of the state and it's all pretty much the same. not a lot of elevation but sometimes some punchy short climbs. lots of sand. lots of roots. lots of water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.