Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All Good things must come to an end. My work is dead the last 2 weeks of the year so I;ve been riding as much as I can. Yesterday was the climax, a Round MT..South Yuba Epic

We met at the Round MT Flume trail at 9am, temperature, 32 degrees…brrrrrr :eek:

We started with some bike maintenance

Up the Flume trail we go

The South yuba trail to Edwards is awesome , but the exposure can be scary, especially when the rocks are nice and frosty

we all arrived in one piece at Edwards Crossing , the bridge was covered in frost all day

Jason wishing he was on his trainer

The gang enjoying the sun while I fix a flat

Photo Caption??????

The Stats

36 miles, 5,700 feet of climbing, 4:15 minutes of ride time , 5 happy & tired bikers:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jut8 said:
WOW! That is an awesome mountian side climb! I wish we had stuff like there here in eastern pa! I wish i had riding buddies like you do!
thanks...I here the riding pretty fun and technical where you are as well!

·
paintbucket
2,825 Posts
Is that anywhere close to Yuba City/Marysville? My father's (and his father's, and his father's) hometown.

If so I'll definitely bring a bike if I ever visit. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wooglin said:
Is that anywhere close to Yuba City/Marysville? My father's (and his father's, and his father's) hometown.

If so I'll definitely bring a bike if I ever visit. :thumbsup:
The trail is about an hour away from Yuba City

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
must have been tiring waiting for Chuck and Jason

:)

I may be up that way to do the big loop (reverse Big Brother's ride) not this Friday but next...in case you may be interested.

100 or so miles and 5 1/2 hours yesterday down to Discovery and back yesterday. DUDE IT WAS SO COLD! :eek:

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Roger___ said:
:)

I may be up that way to do the big loop (reverse Big Brother's ride) not this Friday but next...in case you may be interested.

100 or so miles and 5 1/2 hours yesterday down to Discovery and back yesterday. DUDE IT WAS SO COLD! :eek:
Your a wack job!!! :D :D :D Keep me in the loop I may join you Friday

·
Registered
206 Posts
we have been begging jason to take us on that ride again. Thats our high school "death ride" our time was a "little" longer. Were not allowed to take the cliff section amymore:confused: :madman: . I guees i understand.... but you have to be invited by jason to go on those rides. Its only a couple hundred foot cliff :thumbsup:. Jason did it on his nomad and still kicked our butts. :mad: We had a broken deraillier and that was about it.:D i think it stayed about 32 degrees the whole ride. Defintely not over 40 ever. Is the ride distance you posted frome the flume trail head? we start in town. The fastest ive done it is 6 hours:p but i just turned 16

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
natebyrom said:
Is the ride distance you posted frome the flume trail head?
Hey Nate...The ride distnace is from the Flume trail head. I'm actually glad to here that Jason did not let you guys ride the cliff section. It's dangerous enough in the summer when there is no ice on the rocks:eek: H e asked me to join you guys but I could no make it. BTW, I'm Ryan's dad , from your math class. I'm sure we will meet on a ride soon

·
Registered
206 Posts
Jason dosnt care if we take the cliff section. I didn't think about it being icy. Something through the league says we cant. That trail is a REAL mtb trail. Thats my new favorite ride. i cant do it for the next two weekends though.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Griff said:
Where can I find some good directions to this ride? I've heard of the loop, but haven't been able to find any good directions. (I've looked here - http://mtbsingletrack.com/syuba.html, and have ridden a lot of the South Yuba, Primitive Camp Loop & also from Wash ington, but never from Round Mountain. Can you help??
Griff,
Just read your profile and since you are a fellow Blur XC owner I would be more then happy to ehlp you out. I do not know of any map to describe how you get to Edwards crossing from the Round MT Flume trail head. You can send me a PM, or check with one of the local bike shops

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Awesome.

merlin said:
The Stats

36 miles, 5,700 feet of climbing, 4:15 minutes of ride time , 5 happy & tired bikers:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Now that's what I call a real ride. None of this one hour 7-10 mile stuff. Nice looking trail. I am so tired of winter already. I had a four day weekend and it never got over 15 degrees F the whole weekend.:mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.