Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, I got a 2008 Lefty carbon SL...in these days, when I push down the fork, I feel that very rough feeling inside , not smooth...feels like some sand or dirt rolling with the needle bearings, why would this happen? Thanks!;)

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
scalpel226 said:
why would this happen? Thanks!;)
Most likely a hole in the boot, or a hard, long, wet ride. Somehow, crap got in there, and is causing the bearings and races to feel bad. If it's grit, it can be cleaned up, and it'll be fine. If it's water, you may need to replace some races and bearings. Either way, sounds like you need a rebuild. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MendonCycleSmith said:
Most likely a hole in the boot, or a hard, long, wet ride. Somehow, crap got in there, and is causing the bearings and races to feel bad. If it's grit, it can be cleaned up, and it'll be fine. If it's water, you may need to replace some races and bearings. Either way, sounds like you need a rebuild. :thumbsup:
Thanks for your advice, I just open the boot and have a check of the races.....I see something like rust on the races.....I think that' s the cause of the roughly feel! :madman: So Just change the new races and bearings will be fine? Thanks!;)

·
Registered
651 Posts
scalpel226 said:
hi everyone, I got a 2008 Lefty carbon SL...in these days, when I push down the fork, I feel that very rough feeling inside , not smooth...feels like some sand or dirt rolling with the needle bearings, why would this happen? Thanks!;)
Make sure you need the rebuild before ripping it apart. I have an 08 DLR2 with the same rough feeling since brand new. It's fine. Just confirm you need a rebuild before you pay to have work done that doesn't need to be done

·
Registered
651 Posts
MendonCycleSmith said:
" I just open the boot and have a check of the races.....I see something like rust on the races.....I think that' s the cause of the roughly feel!"
:confused: :rolleyes:
You think? Hmmm, I didn't think I was talking to you:confused:

Next time I'll read all the post's before I post so I don't get a smart ass reply from Mendon.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Guess I didn't unsubscribe. hmmm. Anyway, not really. That whole quote game is just irritating. Here ya are trying to give some advice and get beat up on it. That's all. Back to our regular program:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.