Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea why mountain biking isnt allowed in rouge national park in Scarborough? The website lists the reason as "Please note that cycling is not permitted on hiking trails in order to protect sensitive natural ecosystems and reduce trail erosion." Anyone have any evidence to support that mountain biking does any more damage in this regard vs the millions of steps of foot traffic seen every year? Just seems like a cop out excuse to exclude mountain bikers and not share the trails.

I've rode through this park including vista and orchard trail multiple times this year without realizing bikes weren't permitted and it was a favourite spot of mine to go to. Never had any issues sharing the trails with hikers and they never once mentioned biking was not permitted. There aren't really any signs either showing this.

My guess is that most people don't know. Anyone have any more info on why mtbers were given the shaft here?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.