Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
boy that really show just how bad humans can be....the only silver lining may be that the bikes are so specialized that, with all the publicity this is getting, they will impossible to sell...i sure hope they get caught trying...

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
The only positive thought I'm getting on this story is that the unique aspect of the bikes will help catch and convict the sh!theads who stole them.

I want to help and hopefully others here on mtbr can show some true holiday spirit in this case, but not sure if best way for us to be helpful in this situation is to contribute to the organization (BORP-Bay Area Outreach & Recreation Program) or help put together bikes for them or contribute time, etc....any ideas or thoughts on how we can help? Anyone connected with BORP?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bikinfoolferlife said:
The only positive thought I'm getting on this story is that the unique aspect of the bikes will help catch and convict the sh!theads who stole them.

I'm want to help and hopefully others here on mtbr can show some true holiday spirit in this case, but not sure if best way for us to be helpful in this situation is to contribute to the organization (BORP-Bay Area Outreach & Recreation Program) or help put together bikes for them or contribute time, etc....any ideas or thoughts on how we can help? Anyone connected with BORP?
I've thought about the same thing. I'm a wrench, and I can spare a Saturday or three to help. I'm going to check into it myself.

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
EC High School Supported their training rides.

and I did their PR Photography. I stopped by today for moral support. People are offering bikes to them, which is a great kindness but theyhave no use for them. Perhaps an effort to support these donations (you never know what kid of shape the will be in) and resell them would not be amiss. You can contact them at:
http://www.borp.org/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.