Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an adjustment that i can make to stop my rotors from rubbing on the brake pads of my bb7s? it seems to sometimes do and other times not...

Eric

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
In the case that it does sometimes and does not other times, could just be from debris or water on the rotors or pads. What you can try is ride and drag your brakes (to clean the pads and rotors) and see if that helped. May or may not be the case, but its an easy test you can do.

·
Registered
9,362 Posts
We're all going under the assumption that you've set them up properly and actually know to turn the inner and outer red knobs to adjust. If so and you still have pad rubbing, I don't know what to say. It doesn't matter how warped a rotor might be on my BB7s I can always adjust it so it doesn't rub.

·
Registered
366 Posts
xcguy said:
We're all going under the assumption that you've set them up properly and actually know to turn the inner and outer red knobs to adjust. If so and you still have pad rubbing, I don't know what to say. It doesn't matter how warped a rotor might be on my BB7s I can always adjust it so it doesn't rub.
+1.

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
Just incase you don't know how to true your rotor, slowly spin the wheel until the rotor rubs - look parallel along the rotor into the caliper to verify which pad it's rubbing on.
Back out the rotor and remember the position of the apex of the rub on the rotor - then, with an adjustable wrench and a clean rag, firmly bend the rotor in the opposite direction.
repeat until true.

Other sporadic rubs can be caused by your fork or rear triangle flexing - not much you can do about that except to grab your Ipod and select your favorite band (probably Ace of Base) and crank it up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
don't assume anything!!!! Mt lbs set them up for me when I bought my new GF Rig, but they never showed me how to make any of the adjustements...THe red knobs, are you talking about the ones on the brake levers?

Eric

·
Lets RIDE!
1,548 Posts
No, the red knobs on the brake calipers. Read the instructions in the link posted by Cobba above, and there are also good instructions for Avid mechanical disc brakes on the Park Tool website. I just installed new pads and readjusted mine today using the Park Tool instructions, and they're working like new. It's easy.

Ace of Base? :lol:

JZ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts