Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner


493 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  PCC
i want to put some larger rotors on my bike. i have juicy 3 with i beleive 160 rotors looking to go up to 180 or bigger. what do i have to do in order to do this?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
lawnbike said:
what do i have to do in order to do this?
Buy a larger rotor and the appropriate adapter, remove the smaller rotor and its adapter (if there is one there) and replace with the newer stuff. You may want to bed in the pads to the new rotors or, better yet, replace the pads with new ones at this time and bed them both in together.

It would help to know which fork you have so that we can figure out what kind of adapter you may need.
Marzochi all mountain 3 fork on mkiii comp bike
Okay, your Marzocchi is a Post Mount which means that the front disc brake caliper bolts directly to the Post Mount for use with the 160mm rotor. To mount a 180/185/203 front rotor you will need a 180/185/203 PM adapter which pretty much just pushes the caliper out so that the appropriate rotor can fit under the caliper. After that, a new rotor and you are good to go.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.