Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
KevinK
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rarely have I encountered Customer Service, above and beyond what I ever expected. It tells how much a company is willing to place the customer first, and what they will do to make everything right. Well, I just had a FANTASTIC experience:

The company: Rotor USA :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've been corresponding w/ them, w/ questions, for the last month, and always received a quick, complete e-mail response. I then purchased the Rotor 3D crank w/ Titanium Axle, and when I received it, I questioned something about the product. Kervin, my contact at Rotor USA, went above and beyond to find the answers, and keep me happy. I have to say, I have full trust in Rotor USA customer service. I will have my cranks put on my bike this Saturday, can't wait.

Only other company, I've had the pleasure to have this high level of customer service experience w/ is Ibis! Guess what, this Saturday, the cranks are going on an.....Ibis Mojo SL!!!

Thanks,

Kevin

·
gone for a bike ride
1,973 Posts
+2 Kervin is brilliant at responding to daft questions with limitless patience + very promptly

last July Kervin even phoned my wife's mechanic who was completely stuck trying to install a 44t XTR Q-Ring on a DM FD drive bike, they ultimately failed because it was 44-46t due to its eliptical shape and would not clear the derailleur (i had to mod the XTR FD later with a dremel to work with the Q-Ring)

Specialized are a better company than most peeps imagine, they were really great when i had a warranty issue with a 6 month old frame last year and helped me get a 2010 replacement for an 09

·
KevinK
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AlexRandall said:
How did it go with regard to the Ti axle query then
Well, I settled on the extra 10 - 12g of weight. Kervin was going to send me a replacement pair, to figure out why my cranks were heavier than one's he weighed at the shop, but, my build is happening this Saturday. Kervin even offered to next day air it to me and have the part sent by Friday. I told him I could lose the 10g somewhere else. His great intentions, willing to help resolve the problem, quick reply's to my e-mails, made me feel very good. I am very satisfied. I even joked that maybe the titanium is a bit thicker/stronger, so the added weight is o.k.! It is a Titanium axle. Magnet did not stick!, and I sent pictures to Kervin to verify.

Looking forward to having some Ultra stiff cranks! Will start using a Stronglight 30t inner chainring and TA 42t outer. Will switch it out when I receive my Mattias Titanium 30t chainring. Going w/ XTR M970 BB.

I guess, in the end, all that matters, really, is I am completely satisfied.:thumbsup:

Kevin

·
KevinK
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
collideous said:
Post up some pics once they're mounted. I'm considering a set of 3Ds for my next bike.
Will do collideous! I'll probably post my build pics on the Ibis SL thread, as well as the WW Light bike thread, w/ full components list, and a few pictures, before my first ride.
I also have to thank a ton of people who responded to all of my questions. That was invaluable information that help in my decision making process.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.