Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waiting on arrival of my Rotor SX stem, 80mm length.
It's replacing my trusty (but porky) Thomson.
Anybody have experience with the Rotor SX ?
Am i going to be disappointed with it being too flexy?
Being only 80mm, maybe that would cancel out (some of) any inherent flex in such a light stem, I hope.
Or, is it going to show up on MTBR classifieds for half price ?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm riding the SX in 120mm length. It's great, no flex at all (not noticable), and really light for it's strength. I like a 4 bolt faceplate to and the double tread technology really secures the bolts well!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
limba said:
If it doesn't work for you tell us why and then grab a Syntace F99. That stem is very popular with the weenies and still safe.
that looks like a nice stem, but i ride a zero rise and went for the rotor since it is as close to zero (2.5) as i could find. also, syntace is not available in an 80

·
Registered
729 Posts
I had one here, never rode it though. The build quality wasn't up to the price tag, neither the finish nor the threads of the bolts. The tolerances didn't allow a proper installation, not as exact as the installation guide recommended or as other stems can be installed.
After the second stem was just as bad (I returned the first one) I gave up on them and bought something else (Syntace, not as fancy and not just as light but at least it works).
The build quality definitely had nothing in common with something you'd see with a Thomson stem for example.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.