Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a couple trips on my Tektro brakes, I've realized that upgrading my brakes is literally a life or death situation. After reading everything I can find on this forum and searching the net, I've decided to go with the Hayes Stroker Trails. How can I find out what size rotor my Dart 2 fork can handle? Also what size rear rotor should I get? (I'm 175lbs )

·
Registered
86 Posts
203mm is max recommended rotor size for Dart 2 (at least for the '08 model, although I don't think it would have changed): http://www.sram.com/en/rockshox/crosscountry/dart/#
Remember that disc brakes put their force on the wheel hub, while the friction with the road is a force at the tire/rim. This generates a net twisting force between the hub and rim, so in general wheels need stronger spoke cross-lacing for discs than for rim brakes. If you're going to be applying severe braking forces, make sure you've got heavy-duty wheels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.