Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into buying a 2003 Dirt Jumper with QR20+. I noticed that on marzocchi's website it said that the disc brake tabs were DH international 8in. Does that mean that you can only use 8 inch rotors or that it was strong enough to take a 8 inch rotor? I know it seems like a retarded question, but alot of urban riders and dirt jumpers do not use an 8 inch rotor. Does anyone have a 2003 dj1 or could someone please explain this to me! Thanks! ;)

G

·
Something Clever... said:
I am looking into buying a 2003 Dirt Jumper with QR20+. I noticed that on marzocchi's website it said that the disc brake tabs were DH international 8in. Does that mean that you can only use 8 inch rotors or that it was strong enough to take a 8 inch rotor? I know it seems like a retarded question, but alot of urban riders and dirt jumpers do not use an 8 inch rotor. Does anyone have a 2003 dj1 or could someone please explain this to me! Thanks! ;)
It means you can use an 8 inch rotor. You CAN use a 6 inch rotor, with the right adapter. Most street riders use 6 cause thats all the power they need and its out of the way.

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
ive ran both set ups

i had a DJ3 with a QR though not a good choice... lol... i was ridin dh and the power of the brakes almost bent the dropouts at the bottom and the wheel had to be redished and the hose blew other crap to...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.