Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to Disc Brakes so I'm trying to get my setup dialed in - XTR Hydraulic. My question is...how much rotor rub can I expect when my fork (Fox 100 RLT) compresses? I can hear some rub going over even small bumps at times. Is this normal, should I get used to it? I don't get any rub spinning the wheel so I've got clearance between rotor and pad...maybe just not enough?

Thanks.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
kbear said:
I'm new to Disc Brakes so I'm trying to get my setup dialed in - XTR Hydraulic. My question is...how much rotor rub can I expect when my fork (Fox 100 RLT) compresses? I can hear some rub going over even small bumps at times. Is this normal, should I get used to it? I don't get any rub spinning the wheel so I've got clearance between rotor and pad...maybe just not enough?

Thanks.
Uhh... With hydraulic you shouldn't get any rub with suspension compression. That's usually something you expect with cables. I'm guessing that it might be due to flex from the fork that's causing the rotor to rub against the pads.

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
kbear said:

Thanks.
I'd look at the skewer. Is it tight? Do you have a good one, like Shimano XT? You shouldn't get any rubbing just from hitting bumps.

Monte

·
EDR
10,143 Posts
although rubbing is common, its not normal. What i mean is that when properly set up no rubbing should be noticed. Fork flex maybe...not set up to optimum specs just as likely. From my experience that can be a bit of a pain but once dialed in, your good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts