Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
What the Crap?!
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
magura louise rotor compatibility??

i have magura louise and need some new rotors. are any other rotors compatible or just magura? i'm new to the whole disc thing, so thanks for the help.

·
What the Crap?!
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have 160mm

i have 160mm now, but would really like to do 180mm as long as i'm getting new rotors. will 180mm martas work? 180mm avids? 180mm hope? 180mm formula?
any suggestions?

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
I have a similar question.

My bike has the 2002 Shimano Deore M525 hydraulic brakes. I'm looking at finally replacing the rotors. The rotors I have now are 6''.

Will any rotor work? I really like the floating rotors that Hope puts out, but I have a hard time believing htey'll work on a 2002 braking system. What options do I have; how can I tell that a rotor is compatible or not?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
Judd97, as long as the size is the same, and the braking contact area (where the pads make contact) is as wide or wider than the stock ones you will be fine.

SpecialSSauce, you can upgrade to 180mm but you need to get an adapter for the caliper for the new size.

Cheers,
Cris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.