Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the popular opinion on tire rotation here? Any harm in swapping my Specialized Adrenaline tires? Fronts look pretty good but the rear tires are looking a little worn down the center.
Thanks

·
Registered
12,083 Posts
I do move the fronts to the rear, but really just as spares, when I get a blow out or failure on the rear (where I tend to get'em).

Then I go buy a new one so I go faster.

My last failure was the side wall and bead, on my rear studded so I popped on my old front nevegal, for a few days till I got my new schwalbe snow stud.

·
Map Maker
1,244 Posts
Gasper said:
What's the popular opinion on tire rotation here? Any harm in swapping my Specialized Adrenaline tires? Fronts look pretty good but the rear tires are looking a little worn down the center.
Thanks
You can safely rotate the front tire to the rear as it wears MUCH slower.
The rear should be chucked out, NOT put on the front as it will be more worn and steering will suffer badly. You could wash out and crash.:nono:

So you can buy ONE new tire and put it on the front and put the old front on the back. It will seem like new compared to what was on there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm open to suggestions

on tire replacements. The Adrenalines came as origional equipment on my Stumpy FSR Comp and I don't have any real complaints but am always looking for something better. We ride XC on dry Southern California trails. The Continental Verticles looked interesting as I'm probably going to Stan's my wheels and they are recommended.

·
Nothing here
757 Posts
Gasper said:
on tire replacements. The Adrenalines came as origional equipment on my Stumpy FSR Comp and I don't have any real complaints but am always looking for something better. We ride XC on dry Southern California trails. The Continental Verticles looked interesting as I'm probably going to Stan's my wheels and they are recommended.
Verts aren't bad but pinch flat city if you use a tube. Good that your using Stans for that. Nevegal rear/Blue Groove front is a good combo. I didn't think the Adrenaline's hooked up very well where I live

·
trail addict
1,866 Posts
cbchess said:
You can safely rotate the front tire to the rear as it wears MUCH slower.
The rear should be chucked out, NOT put on the front as it will be more worn and steering will suffer badly. You could wash out and crash.:nono:

So you can buy ONE new tire and put it on the front and put the old front on the back. It will seem like new compared to what was on there.
I agree, ride the rear 'till it is worth throwing it out-then put the OK front tire on the back and the new tire on the front.

This is one really good reason to run the same type/size tires front and back, imo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.