Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing with my fork, trying to partly disassemble it, and after I uscrewed the part shown on attached photos I wasn't able to insert it back. When I'm pushing the fork down this part (oil damper?) gets out a bit. How can I insert this part back?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I unscrewed the lockout regulator (on photos it's already unscrewed) and it doesn't help. Now when pushing down the fork after 20-30mm if start leaking a big amount of oil from above :(

·
Class Clown
3,066 Posts
I can only think maybe some air is trapped try removing the damper and reinserting and compress the fork a bit while doing so

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Go to the SRAM service site and look up the proper instructions for servicing the damper.

And resist the urge to just open stuff up to look at it. You can always google images of the insides of forks. Much cleaner that way...

mk

·
Haro Sonix LT VL120
813 Posts
Just fyi those dampers are designed to be all fluid with no air inside. Thus the Pure name for the damping system. Make sure its bled according to instructions before you put it all back together so it will lockout correctly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts