Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious how you guys with new Roscoe's are feeling about your new rides? LBS got one in and put together (although too large) I gave it a parking lot ride. A few impressions: first off the Roarange is bright - pretty cool. Did not think I'd like it but it's growing on me. Second thing that hit me was the Judy for is better than expected. Still not what I'd put on if I could make a change but entirely decent. Third - Brakes - um, they kind of sucked. I'm a big Shimano fan but the brakes on that bike took 2 fingers and serious squeeze to haul it down to speed. Doing a stoppie was nearly impossible without assistance. Shifting, Dropper, Overall Finish, etc. were all nice and the price - well that is very tempting. The derailleur mount on the seat tube is kind of weird. Might be ok with a chain guide but what were they thinking on that? Currently holding for the same shop to get in some Timberjacks to compare but the Roscoe has caught my attention.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Over 100 miles on it, love it honestly. Most fun bike I've owned but have only owned three 'real' bikes (Cannondale trail 6 and Specialized Camber Comp were the other two). My favorite aspect of it is how comfortable it feels in most every condition and trail type. Personally I've yet to have BB strike, first dropper post (I love it, will never own a MTB without one again), and 2.8" tires are a dream in ride and quality. Judy fork does a good job and honestly impressed me for the bike's price point but it's heavy so it'll be the first to go. Which brings me to the brakes, maybe I've gotten used to them or maybe it's true but I feel like they have improved slightly over use.. maybe it's in my head? Regardless will be the second major upgrade; The NX shifter has honestly surprised me as well, 100+ and still smooth as butter with no issues at all after many hard dirty rides and even a few bad shifts, have just had to make sure my pulleys stay clean but that's any bike.

The timberjack looks great, just didn't have ANY way to put my leg over one unless I drove 8 hours... ironically I'm now going to a city next week that is within an hour of a dealer but I have no regrets, love my Roscoe. I think whatever bike you get you'll love, have fun!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have seen that thread, thank. Curious about how owners are liking them after owning for a month or two.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Have seen that thread, thank. Curious about how owners are liking them after owning for a month or two.
there are reviews and ride reports in that thread.....not sure why you started another one.

Enjoy the bike!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To get longer term reviews. After the Honeymoon period - although a month or two may not be enough to really find the quirks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I actually ordered one last week and im waiting on my shop to get it. I def will be subscribing to this thread.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would like grippier tires like da Nobby Nics but they run either 27.5x2.5 or a 27.5x3.00 Am i able to use the 3.00? The roscoe 7 is a 2.8 so maybe the .2 wont be so bad???

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Pinehurst NC
318 Posts
They make the NN in 2.8, if the bike has recon front fork it will fit 3.0 no prob, but I've heard it won't clear 3.0 in rear

·
Registered
27 Posts

I’m having a good time getting to know my new Roscoe 8. I’m new to plus size and while not as nimble as the 27.5 bike I had previously, this bike has its own kind of fun. This bike can roll over anything and keep a smile on your face. Just put on some new pedals. Next upgrade will be seat, tubeless set up and will look into getting a Shimano XT drivetrain.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Follow-up on upgrades to my Roscoe 8. Went tubeless (BIG difference) which not only reduced weight but also improved handling. Also, had fork and derailleur tuned. It's riding like a new bike - more nimble and fun. Also upgraded the seat and pedals. My overall impression of this bike is now much improved.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts