Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear derailer works well until I move it to 3rd gear. It wants to skip 3rd and go to 2nd. Then when I move it to 2nd it goes to 1st. Then when I move it to 1st it kicks the chain off the cassette. So pretty much what I'm asking is what do I have to do to get it changing correctly. Any help will be appreciated!!

·
Vaginatarian
5,686 Posts
Garlock said:
uhh, tighten the L screw randomly, see what happens. Just remember where it originally was in case that doesn't fix it. Also, check for extreme bends of the cable, and clean the cable.
if you dont know what you're talking about then you shouldnt post
there is nothing random about adjusting a limit screw and the limit screw has nothing to do with skipping gears, bent and dirty cables will make shifting harder and maybe delay a shift

·
Registered
97 Posts
Garlock said:
uhh, tighten the L screw randomly, see what happens. Just remember where it originally was in case that doesn't fix it. Also, check for extreme bends of the cable, and clean the cable.
Umm, no. There's two things that are likely wrong. First try adjusting the barrel adjuster to center it over each gear. Second, make sure the cables are cleaned and lubed. New cables and housings might be in order. I had a similar problem and with a little cable cleaning it went away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.