Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
mtbr member
20 Posts
G35 Coupe roof rack

Check the web sites for Yakima or Thule for which fit kit you need for your G35. I'm partial to Yakima (I have them on both of my vehicles) but Thule is good also. I saw a Ferrari 550 Maranello earlier this month with a Yakima rack with a bike attachment, and I have seen a late model 911 Turbo with a Yakima rack with a cargo box. If racks can be fit on those cars I don't think you should have problem with your G35. Good luck: PMW

·
Banned
11,257 Posts
sonyisdope said:
Is there anyone anywhere that makes such a thing?
the girlies love to see you drive with your body all slouched behind the wheel, pimpmaster. make sure you get the rack anodized to match your stupid rims. don't forget the black light tubes and the 1,000 watt subwoofer4.

oh yeah, that pimpin' car sure makes you a good rider!

·
A Real Winner.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PMW said:
Check the web sites for Yakima or Thule for which fit kit you need for your G35. I'm partial to Yakima (I have them on both of my vehicles) but Thule is good also. I saw a Ferrari 550 Maranello earlier this month with a Yakima rack with a bike attachment, and I have seen a late model 911 Turbo with a Yakima rack with a cargo box. If racks can be fit on those cars I don't think you should have problem with your G35. Good luck: PMW
There is nothing on Yakima, Thule, or Saris's website, and none of them make anything as of right now.

·
Chatham NJ
477 Posts
gonzostrike said:
the girlies love to see you drive with your body all slouched behind the wheel, pimpmaster. make sure you get the rack anodized to match your stupid rims. don't forget the black light tubes and the 1,000 watt subwoofer4.

Gonzo, WTF was that for. Why do you assume just because he has a g35 he has rims and subs and its all riced out. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
526 Posts
sonyisdope said:
Is there anyone anywhere that makes such a thing?
I have the same problem with the coupe. Saris makes one. number 12 clips. I checked them out at the local shop and they didn't look very trusting. Only has about 4mm hook around the plastic plate on the roof. You have to see the car for it to make sense.

Called thule. they plan to have one out in October I think.

I'm going with the custom built receiver hitch.

If you live near CT checkout birdautomotive.com I talked with the guy for a bit and he has a rack for it, but hasn't been able to find a gopher to try it out on so he won't sell it.

·
A Real Winner.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gonzostrike said:

So harsh! It is actually my friends car, and I didn't know it was a crime to drive a cool car. I actually do have rims and a stereo in my car though, and I do truly believe that they make me a better rider.

·
what...?
695 Posts
Should've gotten a sedan........

I know I'm stylin' when I pull up to the trailhead at RP or CP or ES......roflmao
Steve3..I'll even play some toons for you, if you show :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have a 350Z and would never put a rack on it. Why buy a nice sports car and ruin the thing by putting a bulky bike rack on it?? Don't think thats what the car was intended for. Luckily, I have a Jeep GC too for hauling my rig. Might want to look into getting a cheap pick up or something - sure you can find something in the $2-3k range.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.