Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bikes are good
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked, and can't find, a weight guide for what weight of a romic shock you should have. When I bought my Turner I weighed close to 250 with my gear. I weigh 210-220 with gear in the summer and was wondering if I need to get a lighter spring. If so, how light?.
I have a 5 spot, 5.5 rockers, ride a lot of x country but also hike and push and climb to bomb down stuff. Should I keep the heavier spring?

·
Bikes are good
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So..

So if I can get the right sag, it's still an okay spring to use? I've had a hell of a time getting that shock to feel right. Sometimes it does, sometimes it jacks me around a bit. I thought maybe it was the spring weight.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
yep. sag is sag. if its right and the shock still feels like junk, yer issue lies elsewhere. someone just recently posted about a $35 romic factory rebuild and custom tune. thinkin of doin that myself.

·
George Dickel
371 Posts
Romic rebuild

CC- that was me with the Romic rebuild. to the OP, you are probably looking at a 600-650 spring, and I highly recommend you do the Romic maintenance. Not as intensive as PUSH, but they will take your new stats as a baseline for rebuilding the shock. Cost was $43 including shipping. Well worth it. My compression knob now has a much wider range, and the shock is noticeably smoother. I weigh abaout 185, and like you have a 5.5 spot. Any more questions let me know.

·
Alaska Turner Mafia
1,121 Posts
highroller said:
What spring do you have now?
Curious too, Mark. Which weight spring have you been running? If it's higher than a 650, I could pass a 650 to you to try. If you're interested, I also have a 650 that fits a DHX coil, and could pass you that combo to try out as well.

Rando

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.