Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanted to get me and my son new bikes... Stuck on what to get myself but for the price range I wanted for my son, I looked at the Trek Wahoo because I've read good things about if for it's price range... I called many different bicycle shops and after calling some in NY and all around NJ I found a small bike shop 10 minutes away in Rochelle Park that had it and felt great to support a bike shop. So I drove there with my son after school which he knew nothing about, get there with him, he loved it, and decided to buy it. Forgot that I needed a way to take it home since I didn't have any way in the CTS.

Now second guessing myself. Lol. Just wondering if I could of got him something with a better fork?

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
Yes.
You can upgrade if you start riding trails with fun/difficult terrain.
A G2(51mm offset) fork off ebay or a Manitou Tower Pro(close enough 48mm offset) will completely transform the bike when on singletrack.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And didn't mean his first new bike. Meant his new mountain bike. Lol. And thanks. But for the price of those forks that would shoot the price of the bike a bit high but great forks I guess are worth it. Sounds good. Thanks.

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
A bike with both wheels off will fit pretty much any car.

Are you expecting to do MTB with your son? Is riding to school in the picture?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
So I wanted to get me and my son new bikes... Stuck on what to get myself but for the price range I wanted for my son, I looked at the Trek Wahoo because I've read good things about if for it's price range... I called many different bicycle shops and after calling some in NY and all around NJ I found a small bike shop 10 minutes away in Rochelle Park that had it and felt great to support a bike shop. So I drove there with my son after school which he knew nothing about, get there with him, he loved it, and decided to buy it. Forgot that I needed a way to take it home since I didn't have any way in the CTS.

Now second guessing myself. Lol. Just wondering if I could of got him something with a better fork?
Go for it if it's your son's first mountain bike. Sounds like a good deal. When he improves his riding you can upgrade to a better fork.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts