Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
When I was at Dead Deer yesterday I cut alot of the pickers out to the right of the carcasses - luckily it was very windy and the stench was not blowing towards me. I imagine they have some idiot dumping the bodies now as Brian and I noticed a couple of carcasses in another pulloff area much closer to the gate while we were walking out. I'm tempted to put a sign there or something....

Also, we're planning on riding this on Wed. at 5:30 if anyone wants to join.

·
Shrinking Clyde Rider :-)
268 Posts
Things are looking good, so I guess I will see you for the Wed ride at Brown St. Should we meet at the top and arrange a shuttle from there or vice versa?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Tom - That's great! We're meeting at Bentleys at 5:15 or at Brown St. at 5:30 so it depends on when you can get there. If you're early, go to the bottom - if you're running late, go to the top. One way or another, we'll make sure everyone reunites with their vehicles.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Great ride today everyone! The new trail is wearing in nicely - every ride helps!

Oh, and the downed tree is no longer a problem. We did a re-route that took all of about 5 minutes.

·
Shrinking Clyde Rider :-)
268 Posts
Good ride indeed Roller Coaster Say Wut is a sweet trail for sure. Some section are wicked fast and earily quite. Glad we didn't puke before getting there. ;-)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Some pictures from 4-8-09

Jedi Mike, Gary, Turbo Tom, Brian and myself did a ride on the trails leading up to the RollerCoaster Say Wut?

Getting the bike ready for the shuttle to the top.

I think "Style man" would freak out over this. LOL

Top of Dead Deer Extreme

The entrance to Dead Deer Run

Everyone at the entrance of Roller Coaster Say Wut?

Chris
WVMTBA
www.wvmtba.com

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
is that were they toss dead dear found killed along the roadways or something?

·
Registered
58 Posts
The State Game Commission drops them there. If you are lucky enough and hit it at the right time, you might even run into a bear pulling away dinner. The place is absolutely amazing from mid June through August with the sun and heat beating on them, even if you can't see the trail head you can always trust your nose to lead you to it.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Snappers ..

Rode the Snappers today.....really great condition...we did some trail work there friday....get out there now...it is super. THis pic was taken on Twister at the start of the ride. what a day out there today.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
mike,

next time you ride this let me and my dad know.....we'd be intrested in coming

·
Registered
218 Posts
A handful of us rode "Upper Earth" yesterday (Saturday) afternoon and were confronted by a Game Commission officer at the entrance to Dead Deer. He was nice and told us that we could ONLY ride the railbed (which we knew already) although I asked if we could ride down the power line to the Ashley Planes and he said that was O.K. however he told us during turkey hunting season we shouldn't be in the woods before 1 p.m. which we already knew.

The main problem was that there were mountain bikers out in the woods in the A.M. and some turkey hunters complained which is understandable. He ran the plate of the car at the end of the railbed and asked us if we knew the person - which we did. So to the brothers with the initials "J.J." - STAY OUT OF THE WOODS WHEN THERE IS HUNTING GOING ON!!!

The guy wasn't looking to fine anyone or anything - he said he was just looking to give a warning.

So once we dropped down to the Ashley Plane we zipped over to Killer Bee and finished out our intended route - unfortunately having to skip Dead Deer (there's a bear carcass up there as well by the way).

All of these trails are in super condition and the logging hasn't yet affected any of them although it's only a matter of time....

21 - 40 of 45 Posts