Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mtbr'ers BWillsie, Krazcustoms, SlowDave, Foto71,TTurboTom, and I got out for some trail work. Nice 2 mile downhill built in "UpperEarth" section of Mtn Top. VaMtnBkr let us use his Husky heavy duty trimmer and JonA loaned his Husky Leaf blower....Heres a couple pics....Great time of year for trail work.!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some more pics..

Unfortunately we found quite a pile of trash off the edge of the quad path referred to as "Nowhere" just before "Smashing Plates". What a bummer! The appropriate people were notified.....

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Much thanks to all of you who helped and/or loaned us equipment. If it weren't for you guys, it would have taken Brian and I at least another 4 days to get it done. Preliminary reviews were favorable, so hopefully it will see plenty of use. Once again, THANK YOU!!!

Mike

·
Registered
270 Posts
:thumbsup: More places I can take the pugs !:cool:

·
Registered
144 Posts
More Pictures

Great work Brian and Mike designing the trail and thanks to Turbo Tom, Jeff, SlowDave for helping out. The trail seems to have really nice flow and it going to be fast.:thumbsup:

Getting ready

Trail dog.

Chris
WVMTBA

·
Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
1,214 Posts
Good work guys, looks nice!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Riding it tonight

Gonna ride it tonight for the first time. I also talked to john and the Authorities are pursuing the illegal dumping so I hope that goes well and they catch the bastards ( can I say that here) . Many Thanks to all those who helped. Ride On.....

·
Go Big or Die Tryin'
145 Posts
Anyone want to ride this trail tomorrow after work around 5? Where does is start/end? I was one of the people that built the freeride trail, Slayline, over the old Smashing Plates. Let me know what's up.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will most likely...

be riding RollerCoaster ...Say Wut? on Saturday.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Great ride

I rode it Tuesday night and it is a great addition/alternative to smashing/plates and that rock littered road. It rides as we planned, hardly any brakes required and wicked quick. I could try to describe how to get to it but I would only confuse people so it's best to hook up with a rider who knows where it is at. (It starts at the Highest point off quad path)
As for the rest of the trails, Middle finger will need a quick work day to clear it out , there are some small branches down on Dead Dear ( so if everyone just stoppes and pickes a couple off on there way down it'll be clear) Killer Bee is clear, Hell Trail 2 has a few sizable logs that'll need a saw. Ride On.....

·
Registered
393 Posts
finally got to ride rollercoaster, kinda took it easy as it was the 1st time onit but man I gotta say there are some sections that are scary fast and i mean that in a good way about the coolest thing about it is the trail is mostly dirt and at times the only sound you hear is the wind screamin in your ears that is sweet just enough stuff to keep you honest
great job on the trail layout

·
Registered
218 Posts
Glad to see that it's getting use - and the feedback has been nothing but positive so far. I've only ridden it once and aside from a couple of corners that are too sharp (easy fixes), I absoloutely love it. Yeah, the silence of the soft dirt is eerie! I plan to rake Middle Finger/Dead Deer/Hell Trail this week which will make the lead-up ride more enjoyable.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i forgot to mention that there is a huge body count right now at the top of dead deer including a fawn in the middle of the top of the trail hope fully ma nature will take care of most of it before it heats up or the stench will be incredible

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
2nd time on ROllerCoaster Say Wut?

We got out today and rode "Upper Earth" area of Mtn Top including: Middle Finger, Tower Trail, Dead Deer Extreme, Dead Deer, Killer Bee, Hell, Nowhere, and finally...for a 2nd time...RollerCoaster Say Wut? Say Hoo Hoo Hooo.....what a blast this time...just bombed it and railed the corners....really nice. A couple of cautionary notes though....on RC Say Wut? there is a huge deadfall right near the "Puppy Tree"...this thing is massive...will need a re route...not even a chainsaw will take this out easily... also as SlowDave said the pile at the top of Dead Deer is disgusting.....the trail entrance is almost blocked and the spot is chock full of deer....

Thanks goes out to Brian and Mike for raking and clearing MiddleFinger and Dead Deer...those trails are in fantastic condition.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts