Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
This place needs an enema
16,942 Posts
Fuzzy math

I clicked your link and went to the Fisher site to check out the new adult-wheeled Sugars. Firs thing I noticed was the SRAM/RockShox heavy spec (thumbs up!), followed by cool new colors and Hayes discs. I was a bit dismayed that they have yet to introduce a larger Bontrager tire, but I'm optimistic that they'll see the light on that sooner than later.

Then I dug a little deeper and looked at the numbers for all the Sugars. What gives? They list the BB drop as 77.4mm (which equals an 11.45" bb height), but just above that they list the BB height as 315mm (12.4"). Huh? That's not possible--those numbers are mutually exclusive...!?! And, no matter which one you choose, you still get a BB that is way too damn low on a 4" travel bike.

Any Fisher reps out there care to put a tape to an actual '05 bike and give us the real scoop?

MC

·
Registered
137 Posts
found in a thread

kustomz said:
Anyone know what an 05' 293 will sell for? I may just have to sell the motorcycle if the bottom bracket numbers turn out good!
"
1. RIG - a lot of buzz about this new EBB single speed 29er. most have seen pics of the Rig already, but pics do it no justice. The paint job is killer...an awesome deep metallic purple color. Avid mech. disc brakes...Bonty fork...this is a must have bike for 05. MSRP $879.99

2. Sugar 292. REBA!!!!! Mix of SRAM x.0 and x.9 trigger shift components. Hayes HFX-9 disc brakes. Carbon seat stays. Fox rear shock. Bonty crank. Very cool deep red color. MSRP $2749.99

3. Sugar 293. REBA!!!! Mix of SRAM x.9 and x.7 trigger shift components. Avid Mech disc brakes. Fox rear shock. Stealthy Black paint job. MSRP $1979.99

4. Paragon. That's right...it's back. REBA!!!!! SRAM x.9 trigger shift components. Hayes HXF-9 hyro disc brakes. Bonty crank. Deep red color, and the new Fisher decal logo. This one is very cool...I had to change my undies after I saw it. MSRP $1539.99

5. X-Caliber. REBA!!!!! SRAM x.9 and x.7 trigger shift components. Avid mech disc brakes. Metallic Black color. MSRP $1269.99"

from a thread started by the real cyclesmith

/P

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
Man, if i love my "The Rig" as much as i think i am i may have to switch the entire stable to 29". Would it be ironic to have a Bighit with a 24" rear wheel and a 29" bikes?

-TS

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
TheSherpa said:
Man, if i love my "The Rig" as much as i think i am i may have to switch the entire stable to 29". Would it be ironic to have a Bighit with a 24" rear wheel and a 29" bikes?

-TS
You're as bad as me...you gonna ride that new blur first? How about the Titus RX you're replacing it with? Now you know that if you're still convinced you need a SHORT TT, you're going to have to buy the Medium Rig...The Large has a 24.7" TT, I believe, the medium, just over 24.0", making it larger than your XL blur...

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
ncj01 said:
You're as bad as me...you gonna ride that new blur first? How about the Titus RX you're replacing it with? Now you know that if you're still convinced you need a SHORT TT, you're going to have to buy the Medium Rig...The Large has a 24.7" TT, I believe, the medium, just over 24.0", making it larger than your XL blur...
Yea i've actually started to feel more comfortable on the Blur. And i rode Robins L Cake vs. the M Sugar and the M feels like a little toy. No Racer-Xs till November Titus says, but i'll have my Blur and The Rig and i'll be happy till atleast Christmas. Wouldn't it suck if i had to buy a Sugar 293 if i love my The Rig?

-TS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.