Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im in the process of digin a jump spot. i haven't broken earth yet for the simple fact the ground was still frozen. In the plans are doubles and a rythem section. this is a huge thing for me since ive never had a good spot to jump. a double here a double there. most know what i mean. Any way i was thinking of building a drop ramp with 4x4 and 2x4s for the structure. using ply wood for the down ramp. am i just wasting my time? the place im digging is pretty flat.

sorry if this is a dumb question. i know its personal prefrence and all. just thought id get peoples input that have more experince building and doing djs than i have.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
NRTH SHORE said:
so im in the process of digin a jump spot. i haven't broken earth yet for the simple fact the ground was still frozen. In the plans are doubles and a rythem section. this is a huge thing for me since ive never had a good spot to jump. a double here a double there. most know what i mean. Any way i was thinking of building a drop ramp with 4x4 and 2x4s for the structure. using ply wood for the down ramp. am i just wasting my time? the place im digging is pretty flat.

sorry if this is a dumb question. i know its personal prefrence and all. just thought id get peoples input that have more experince building and doing djs than i have.
if you live in flat ground and you want to make a drop out of 2x4's, 4x4's and plywood...I don't think that is dumb...go for it

·
Registered
67 Posts
I definately think its a good idea, speed is obviously essential, i recommend having a few feet on the top before the actual ramp, so u can get in a or 2 befor the down ramp. Tell me how it works for ya.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Deffinately, build something that you can roll off of to get your speed up on the run in. I live in Ontraio and its really flat so speed is everything and trying to get it is hard ( thus the reson most of us ride HT).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.