Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So looks like this might happen.

If you're showing up to either play around, or show us around to scout out route ideas for the 2/12 Presidaents Day Ride Roll Call Away!!

The Ride on the 5th looks to be happening around 3pm-ish, so everyone can make it.

The time for the ride on the 12th has yet to be determined and I'm still open to ideas. You should be able to get the day off, so show up!!

:thumbsup: Obi..

p.s. refreshments can be discussed on the 5th, or offline. :D

·
Bomber
982 Posts
Still up for the 5th, Ive invited another friend to come along, he knows waterdog pretty well as well (and he rides ss too). Meet in the cul de sac parking lot?

·
just another bleepin SSer
1,463 Posts
I could possibly join on the 12th, but would need an earlier start time (I have to be back in the city by before 6). Probably best not to plan around me.

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
audi0phile said:
Still up for the 5th, Ive invited another friend to come along, he knows waterdog pretty well as well (and he rides ss too). Meet in the cul de sac parking lot?
Yep, right where the fence is.

·
Bomber
982 Posts
Alrighty then. My train arrives at 2:23, so I will be aiming for 3 o clock, might get there a little early, might not. I also have a pal who is coming and should be there at 3. Should be a great day for riding!!

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like your version of "early", just like mine, afternoon!! ;)

We really havn't nailed down the time yet, we'll probably do that after today. I personally just don't feel like going out there before it starts to warm up. Dirt hurts worse when it's cold/frozen!!

A lot of folks are wanting to do the ride before noon, makes sense, that way you get a ride in and can goof off/handle things around home the rest of the day, which if I didn't like to sleep in until 10am on my "Saturday"-Monday, I'd probably appreciate more. Problem is I like to stay up/out Sunday night since it's my "Friday" and get over my work week stress. :thumbsup:
[*EDIT NOTE: besides, my left hand and knee hurt less when it's warmer out.]

Anytime from 1-2:30pm works best for some of us, that way, we handle stuff around home first, then go out to play.

I'll take votes on this, let's see. Lemme see how this ride goes, and we'll figure it all out.

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Follow Up to Today's Ride!! Why a 30lb SS with 32-17??

So hey, who's stupid idea was it to be on singlespeeds again?? :D Ahh, nevermind, I brought that on myself! ;)

Thanks for the souls who showed up today, and for showing me the hard way to the top! :thumbsup:

That loops definitely doable for most riders, I know if I'd have been able to muscle around with the handlebars, I would've been able to stomp/march most of that. Too bad we stuck behind, I would've liked to see Berry's! Maybe not Monday, but definitely I wanna see Chapparal and the rest really soon. I just was having too much fun reminiscing on the fire road, definitely gotta drag some family back out there!!

I forgot how much fun it is to go blasting through there, excluding the pampas grass! Now all I wanna know is just where the all the hips that used to be on the righthand side going down the fire trail went in the last 15 years..hee-hee. You used to be able to just pump off of those and gain so much speed, now there's barely two left. :nonod:

Let's see the Bonty rider's gps data asap!! I wanna know just how much we slowed you guys down>>> ;)

So let's see who else is down for this next week, and

Attachments

·
Bomber
982 Posts
That was one of the more efficient, but as you put it harder ways to the top. There is one more route that would have made you cry, but most people avoid it. Anyways, chip (bonty rider) went on riding a bit more after we descended so the info will be a bit tweaked but hopefully we can work that out. On top of that any ride 3 o clock and later on a monday or weds and im down. Great ride, hope to see more of ya!

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
audi0phile said:
That was one of the more efficient, but as you put it harder ways to the top. There is one more route that would have made you cry, but most people avoid it. Anyways, chip (bonty rider) went on riding a bit more after we descended so the info will be a bit tweaked but hopefully we can work that out. On top of that any ride 3 o clock and later on a monday or weds and im down. Great ride, hope to see more of ya!
Hey good to see you guys there. I heard it was going to rain so snuck out of work to get some bike testing.

fc

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, audi0phile said they saw you, sorry I didn't hang around after to say "What-up!", wife called just as we were pulling back into Palo Alto.

I wanna get out there more, it's so much closer to work, and it'll make a great fitness/pt ride when I get tired of Coyote Hills. I pulled my wedding band off at about the halfway point, and my finger started going down pretty quickly, seems it's gonna be better to just leave it off when riding from now on. I wasn't in as much pain with it off. So, we just gotta decide on this time issue it seems. I do have Tuesdays off too, so my time desires are a moot point here.

Let's just go with 2:30-3pm from now on if everyone's cool with that. It gives us time for a loop or two, plenty of time (note to self for future reference, finish lunch alot sooner than 2pm, so it'll hold down) for lunch to settle out, and get in a lap or two, and still have sunlight to play with.

Hold it, it'll get even better as Daylight Savings's fast approaching!!

*Word on the street is there's gonna be a Wednesday Ride revival soon, right Charles?? ;)

·
Bomber
982 Posts
When I attended the weds rides (prior to my hire) we left at 7 with a little sun, and got back round 830 9 in the dark...so when that seems feasable hop along!!! Waterdog is a great place to hit after work (or school), just gotta be cool with dem neighbors.

·
Bomber
982 Posts
p.s. I think I will be seeing more of you Francis if you keep doing testing over there, school pretty much has me locked up to waterdog rides only (its hard to get anywhere else with this light and have time to ride).

·
What would Pimpbot do?
364 Posts
Are new berms/hips OK?

obionespeedonly said:
...... Now all I wanna know is just where the all the hips that used to be on the righthand side going down the fire trail went in the last 15 years..hee-hee. You used to be able to just pump off of those and gain so much speed, now there's barely two left. :nonod:
Sorta OT but.....

Obionespeedonly touches on a point that interests me...hips, wallrides, and berms. My local trails (Belgatos) have one pre-existing hip. Belgatos needed a new one, so I have spent the past several months tracking a new one out.. no shovels nor Pulaski's just riding. No plants were trampled upon in the making of the hip, but I have scarred the hillside with a head high rainbow.

Is that kosher?

Somebody must have had a good reason to laboriously groom out Obi-one's beloved hips. Erosion?

·
Bomber
982 Posts
FoggyGoggles said:
Sorta OT but.....

Obionespeedonly touches on a point that interests me...hips, wallrides, and berms. My local trails (Belgatos) have one pre-existing hip. Belgatos needed a new one, so I have spent the past several months tracking a new one out.. no shovels nor Pulaski's just riding. No plants were trampled upon in the making of the hip, but I have scarred the hillside with a head high rainbow.

Is that kosher?

Somebody must have had a good reason to laboriously groom out Obi-one's beloved hips. Erosion?
I beilive it was just good ol' erosion. Like he said there are only two left, but you can kind of make out remnents of others. Have you been to the carlmont jumps? There are plenty of berms and other goodies over there.

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm a gonna flake....

Rain..Rain..Rain... Well I shouldn't complain, it's about time, huh.

:bluefrown: :sad:

I'm gonna opt-out/postpone the 2/12 Waterdog ride. Seeing what we saw as far as condition, I don't wanna be tearing anything else up. Maybe a work day instead??

If anyone wants to go ahead without us, it's cool, I just hate to tear into something that only needs minor work (?) versus creating major work.

We could try and fix some of the eroded switchbacks and the areas around the smaller plank (2x6) bridges??

Backpedal, lemme know! :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.