Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who's doin the Tour? I've had some sort of strep/flu thing goin on for the last few days and I'm really really hoping it clears up by the weekend. I've never done a ride this length before so it would have been an interesting/painful ride anyway, but this sickness is gonna lend a whole new level.

I'll be the slow guy on the green kona dawg. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Morning Fish--

My 3rd year doing this and it gets better every year. The CSO does a great job organizing such event. Driving down from Jax with 3 other friends/ riders very early this Sat.

I'll be the big slow guy on a red Fisher 29er.

Go Gators!
-Hans

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm in!

This will be my first time doing this ride and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm bringing my wife and daughter up and we will be camping at O'Leno State Park which is about 15 miles away.

I'll be cruising on my new Niner Sir 9 which is setup 1x9.
Dave

·
Registered
774 Posts
Coming up from Sarasota/Bradenton

A buddy of mine and I will be there on single speeds. We have never ridden this area and still trying to decide on gearing. I'll be on a kermit SIR9, bright and hard to miss. A couple of others I have met recently will also be coming up from this area as well.

Dave,

Set that Niner up right and put a single cog on the back :D .

- Q

·
Registered
74 Posts
"Bring Da Pain!"

I'll be one of the many riders at San Felasco on Saturday; riding a single speed just like my best bud QFactor! Really looking forward to the ride, as I've not ridden San Felasco before.

I'll be the short latino guy riding a white Surly 1x1 with a Pace RC31 XC Carbon Fork!

And to any of you Ohio State fans riding on Saturday, Please, no excuses about not having ridden your bike for 51 days :nono: , AND... Don't worry, Alachua is a safe distance from the SWAMP, or is it? "GO GATORS!":D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Qfactor03 said:
Dave,

Set that Niner up right and put a single cog on the back :D .
- Q
Funny you mentioned that... I think sometime this year I'm gonna build a fully rigid light weight 29er. I'm not sure what what frame and fork I'll build on yet, but I'm leaning towards another SIR 9.
I'll look for you at San Felsaco.
Dave

·
Registered
774 Posts
The single speed has been a blast, BUT...

I wonder how I will be feeling at about the 30 mile mark! If you try it, you will like it. Gear selection is kinda tough, but it is a lot of fun. Climbing is like a four wheel drive truck in low range. Only problem is if your motor has enough power to get you over the top.

My friend and I (mtbker1224) are really looking forward to the ride and I'm sure we'll meet before the day is over. BTW, I hear you wore Wayne out in the red trails at Santos :D . I imagine I'll be taking the geared fully the next time I head up there.

Fly2Hi96 said:
Funny you mentioned that... I think sometime this year I'm gonna build a fully rigid light weight 29er. I'm not sure what what frame and fork I'll build on yet, but I'm leaning towards another SIR 9.
I'll look for you at San Felsaco.
Dave

G

·
Jerks

I tried to sign up but got informed it was filled. I wish I could ride the extra mileage in the park on a regular basis. I'm tapped out on tungnut. I've probably ridden it a hundred times in the last twelve months. Have fun guys...

bm

·
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mbabaracus said:
I tried to sign up but got informed it was filled. I wish I could ride the extra mileage in the park on a regular basis. I'm tapped out on tungnut. I've probably ridden it a hundred times in the last twelve months. Have fun guys...

bm
try doing the loops backwards. I got into the same type of funk when I was riding that trail too much. doing my entire ride in the opposite direction was pretty fun for a while.

can't wait to see what kind of new areas are open for the tour.

·
Registered
103 Posts
CSO Night Rides

Also, worth a try to join the monthly night rides (Wednesday closest to full moon) that starts way in the back at the ranger station (Lunch sag for TdFelasco). Lots of horse trails and fire roads back there, plus Odd Buck loop at night is awesome.

Next one is on Feb 7th. 7:30pm. See you guys.

G

·
Thanks for the info. I heard they canceled those because someone got hurt. I will definitely try to attend the next one. What kind of attendance do those normally get?

bm

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,220 Posts
Hey Adam,

Good luck at the tour, I won't be there because I am camping in Ocala this weekend but if you need any kind of technical support or tools find the Gator Cycle guys and tell you I sent you, they will help you out.

·
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Acme54321 said:
Hey Adam,

Good luck at the tour, I won't be there because I am camping in Ocala this weekend but if you need any kind of technical support or tools find the Gator Cycle guys and tell you I sent you, they will help you out.
Cool, thanks for the offer. I have a feeling that my bike is gonna be up to the task more than I will be. I've been pretty sick the last few days but hopefully I'll be breathing right by the weekend.

Are you camping at Santos, or out in the Ocala National Forest?

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,220 Posts
FloridaFish said:
Are you camping at Santos, or out in the Ocala National Forest?
Out in the ONF. A buch of us from Gaotr4x4 are going down there, it's the anual Florida Four Wheel Drive Association winter campout/meeting thing. They do it every year on the same weekend as the Tour De Felasco.

·
TallahasseeTrails
61 Posts
Pugsley at Tour de Felasco, Part Deux

We've been looking forward to TdF since last January's awesome ride.
Hope Cellon Creek Loop's dry enough so we can ride the pretty north section that was flooded and bypassed last time.
Looks as though the temp will be about 30 degrees warmer than last year. 80 in January? That's got to be a bit more comfy for the volunteers who were out all day in the 20mph wind last time
The Felasco CSO and its many volunteers did an amazing job of taking care of us.
Some photos from last year:
http://members3.clubphoto.com/john272201/4003513/guest.phtml
I hope to take many more photos and some video this year. Better camera gear should help this time. See if you can pick through all the original Barney Blue Purple Pearl Sizzurple Pugsleys on the trail, and smile for the camera.
I need another handicap to slow me down with nearly 40lb of Pugsley to pedal.
See you all there,
jk
[email protected]
http://tallahasseetrails.smugmug.com/
"If I fall you're going down with me" - Trail running advice from my Dixie Chicks
"Pugsley: It's how I roll" http://www.surlybikes.com/pugsley.html

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.