Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
Joined
·
34,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post photos and spec. How does it fit your riding style?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
My Smoothie

2004 Smoothie Ti w/ PUSH'd RP3 - 19"
PUSH'd Fox Float RLC - 100mm
CK Ti Headset
Moots Laid Back Seatpost
Moots Ti Beam Stem
Moots 25x5 Flat Bar
Control Tech Carbon Barends
CK ISO / DT Swiss Super Comp / Mavic 819 UST Wheels
Phil Wood Ti BB
RF Next Cranks
Action-Tec / Boone Chainrings (29x42)
X.0 Shifters Grip-Shift (f) - X.0 Trigger (r)
X.0 RD / XTR FD
XTR Cassette (11-34)
Magura Marta Brakes
Crank Bros Candy Pedals
Hutch Spider UST Tires 2.3 (f) / 2.1 (r)
ODI Lock-On Rogue Grips
WTB Laser V Ti Saddle
Hope Quick Release

This frame is a work of art. Like all Moots, the welds are perfect. Bike handles like an absolute dream and is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden. Looking for a new project for next year and leaning toward a Cinco to add to the stable. I know the all Ti Moots F/S bike has gone the way of the dodo with the launch of the Zirkel, an absolute shame in my mind. I have a couple of things on order to add. A Boone Ti 40-tooth outer chainring, LOVE the 2x9 set-up. Also switching to a medium cage RD so I have an '06 X.0 carbon cage RD on the way. The Carbon barends listed above were added after the above photo, waiting for the other new bits to retake.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,381 Posts
MTBDad, That is by far one SWEEEEEEEET peace of Ti..Congrat on an Awesome build..

Jake Pay, Love that Ride Here..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Cinco detail

Here is a detail photo of my Cinco, the only portion I care about at the moment. Enjoy.

<img src="https://www.b-dzyn.com/pics/ouch.jpg" alt="" border="0">
 

·
slow
Joined
·
7,241 Posts
1997 YBB Superlight
CODA Magic Motorcycle cranks
DT/HUGI hubs w/ Mavic skewers
Mavic 517 Rims
Avid Ti v-brakes and levers
Easton Carbon seatpost
Scott AT-2LF thermoplastic bars
Avocet O2 ti seat
Manitou Skareb
Panaracer Smoke tires front and rear (no longer using Conti Vert Pros in pic)
XTR derailleurs
8 speed xt cassette
8 speed xt shifters

FIts my riding style just fine: XC riding with lots of climbing, technical climbs, swoopy descents
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
My Cinco... (Great to FINALLY have our own home here!)..

Most up to date pics here: https://homepage.mac.com/sjsamaha/PhotoAlbum39.html

Moots Cinco Ti frame with Ventana rear triangle
Fox Float 32 RLC front shocks
Fox Float RP3 rear shock
Wipperman Connex 911 Stainless Chain
Boone Ti Chainrings (on order)
2006 XO rear derailleur / XTR front
Industry Nine Enduro Hub & Spokes
DT Swiss 5.1 rim
Hutchinson Python Tubeless Tires
XTR Crank M960
'06 SRAM XO Trigger Shifters
Hope M6 & M4 disc brakes w/Red Calipers 205 / 180
Hope Skewers (red)
Hope Bar ends (red)
Thomson Elite Stem
Moots Seat post
WTB Devo Saddle
Eaton MonkeyLite XC bar
Chris King Ti headset









 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
sgltrak said:
1997 YBB Superlight
CODA Magic Motorcycle cranks
DT/HUGI hubs w/ Mavic skewers
Mavic 517 Rims
Avid Ti v-brakes and levers
Easton Carbon seatpost
Scott AT-2LF thermoplastic bars
Avocet O2 ti seat
Manitou Skareb
Panaracer Smoke tires front and rear (no longer using Conti Vert Pros in pic)
XTR derailleurs
8 speed xt cassette
8 speed xt shifters

FIts my riding style just fine: XC riding with lots of climbing, technical climbs, swoopy descents
I think you passed by me going up horsetooth on monday evening. I was coming down. Sweet bike!!!!
 

·
Mtbr Founder
Joined
·
34,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CE750 said:
My Cinco... (Great to FINALLY have our own home here!)..

Most up to date pics here: http://homepage.mac.com/sjsamaha/PhotoAlbum39.html

Moots Cinco Ti frame with Ventana rear triangle
Fox Float 32 RLC front shocks
Fox Float RP3 rear shock
Wipperman Connex 911 Stainless Chain
Boone Ti Chainrings (on order)
2006 XO rear derailleur / XTR front
Industry Nine Enduro Hub & Spokes
DT Swiss 5.1 rim
Hutchinson Python Tubeless Tires
XTR Crank M960
'06 SRAM XO Trigger Shifters
Hope M6 & M4 disc brakes w/Red Calipers 205 / 180
Hope Skewers (red)
Hope Bar ends (red)
Thomson Elite Stem
Moots Seat post
WTB Devo Saddle
Eaton MonkeyLite XC bar
Chris King Ti headset
This is one of the finest bikes I've ever seen! And I've been going to Interbike for 7 years!!

Great planning and execution. How's the ride?

francois
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,683 Posts
CE750 said:
My Cinco... (Great to FINALLY have our own home here!)..

Most up to date pics here: http://homepage.mac.com/sjsamaha/PhotoAlbum39.html

Moots Cinco Ti frame with Ventana rear triangle
Fox Float 32 RLC front shocks
Fox Float RP3 rear shock
Wipperman Connex 911 Stainless Chain
Boone Ti Chainrings (on order)
2006 XO rear derailleur / XTR front
Industry Nine Enduro Hub & Spokes
DT Swiss 5.1 rim
Hutchinson Python Tubeless Tires
XTR Crank M960
'06 SRAM XO Trigger Shifters
Hope M6 & M4 disc brakes w/Red Calipers 205 / 180
Hope Skewers (red)
Hope Bar ends (red)
Thomson Elite Stem
Moots Seat post
WTB Devo Saddle
Eaton MonkeyLite XC bar
Chris King Ti headset
Hi ya CE, you know my thoughts on your bike, STUNNING.............. I have a set of Enduro Inustry Nine wheels on order, how are you finding them, apart from looks, which we know are bling bling.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
Whafe said:
Hi ya CE, you know my thoughts on your bike, STUNNING.............. I have a set of Enduro Inustry Nine wheels on order, how are you finding them, apart from looks, which we know are bling bling.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks dude... I've not ridden in the past two weeks! :madman: due to the heat out here, and my being lazy, and I'm going thru widthdrawls.. gotta make a road trip to the mountains soon!

As for the I9's... they are the stiffest wheel I've ever ridden, and the sounds is like nothing else I've herd.. it just has that "Quality Bearing" sound.. what can I say, they've exceeded my expectations! AND I've yet to use one of my spare spokes! I doubt I ever will.. :thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,683 Posts
CE750 said:
Thanks dude... I've not ridden in the past two weeks! :madman: due to the heat out here, and my being lazy, and I'm going thru widthdrawls.. gotta make a road trip to the mountains soon!

As for the I9's... they are the stiffest wheel I've ever ridden, and the sounds is like nothing else I've herd.. it just has that "Quality Bearing" sound.. what can I say, they've exceeded my expectations! AND I've yet to use one of my spare spokes! I doubt I ever will.. :thumbsup:
Hi there

great to hear re the wheelset. My CK Hubs sound like Uzzi´s where as my Hadleys sound like gatttling guns. Where do the I9´s fit?

Yes two weeks no riding, would bring on the withdrawls.

Will let you know my thoughts on the wheels. Am building up a Ti carbon bike. Starting with a Titus Ti ExoGrid frame.... Check out the frame. http://titusti.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
Whafe said:
Hi there

great to hear re the wheelset. My CK Hubs sound like Uzzi´s where as my Hadleys sound like gatttling guns. Where do the I9´s fit?

Yes two weeks no riding, would bring on the withdrawls.

Will let you know my thoughts on the wheels. Am building up a Ti carbon bike. Starting with a Titus Ti ExoGrid frame.... Check out the frame. http://titusti.com
I know titus well, they're not far from where I live..

The I9's will go great with that bike!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,683 Posts
CE750 said:
I know titus well, they're not far from where I live..

The I9's will go great with that bike!
All good, am heading to the US of A 12 June to pick it up, only as far as Ca though, so not out your way. Have fingers crossed the I9 wheels will be reaady, thye think they will be, but not 100% sure.
 

·
Too busy looking good
Joined
·
361 Posts
I've got a 2003 Moots YBB. My preference is for endurance riding, and it suits me perfectly. Light and climbs great, but just a hint of give in the back to take the edge off, I love it. Here's how she is built:

Moots stem, handlebar, and layback post
Moots signature Serfas saddle
XTR drivetrain
Rockshox SID Team
XTR v-brakes
Crossmax SL wheels (Crossmax XL for training)
Ergon grips (not pictured)
Bontrager Revolt Super X tubeless ready tires (not pictured)

Edit: Just wanted to add, my YBB and I survived our first endurance race, the Firecracker 50 in Breckenridge. My YBB did great, and I saw two other YBBs out on the course, one ridden by a woman.. I'm completely happy with my YBB, it suits me perfectly for long distance riding.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,683 Posts
jfkbike2 said:
29er Mooto X with S&S couplers and Rohloff.
looks sweet of what we can see, can you post a full bike shot....

Great ride....Enjoy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
The Dream Machine

Ever since I built this bike it's never treated me wrong. I take great pride in
owning this art. It's made me a better rider and a better person(in my mind).
In short I will own this bike until I die, that's how much I enjoy it.
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 217 Posts
Top