Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 839 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post photos and spec. How does it fit your riding style?

·
Registered
344 Posts
04 Haro X2 - Size small (I'm 5'-9") - Mostly stock.
Changes (don't think theyre all shown in the pics):
  • Hayes Mags
  • Titec El Norte Beserker seat
  • Thomson layback seatpost
  • ODI Ruffian & clamps (cut bars down a bit too)
  • Crank Bro's 5050's
Future:
  • Desperately need to upgrade the fork soon
  • Wheelset
  • Likely do something w/ the rear shock, either PUSH or change it.

Lil' drop to flat... :p

·
Registered
445 Posts
04 and 05 Werx

05 Haro Werx 5 (size s), built from frame only. 04 Werx (size xs), now my wife's bike.
The xs was a little small for me (I'm about 177cm), the s fits just perfectly. The 04 werx is a much lighter bike. My 05 is burlier, has xt 4 pots, heavier wheel set etc. I'm very happy with my Haros, trying to talk my friends into buying haro too.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
My '04 X1, I put Marzocchi AM1 forks, CB Eggbeater SL, Avid Juicy 5, and changed the seat, awesome bike, I ride mostly moderate to aggressive XC, it's probably a little heavy for it at 36 pounds, but I don't notice it.

Attachments

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,980 Posts
04 Extreme X2. :thumbsup:
The cranks, rear shock, front derailer (that is being replaced soon), seatpost, rims, stem, handlebars and grips are still stock. Everything else has been broken and replaced. The swingarm is off an 04 x1. I cracked the original swingarm.

Fork is an 05 Marzocchi All Mountain SL.
Shimano LX Brake levers with Shimano Saint Calipers.
Shimano Saint rear hub and derailer.
XT shifters and cassette.

For as much as I have had to replace, this bike is still cheaper and just as capable as any of the boutique brands. It has survived a hell of alot of abuse. Mostly light freeride and very aggressive trail riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
mattress said:
My '04 X1, I put Marzocchi AM1 forks, CB Eggbeater SL, Avid Juicy 5, and changed the seat, awesome bike, I ride mostly moderate to aggressive XC, it's probably a little heavy for it at 36 pounds, but I don't notice it.
Dude!! WTF is that on your stem, a Sega Genesis??

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,980 Posts
downhilljill said:
OK, now I'll show you my most recent addition to the stable. One-off custom color Sonix VL120 frame, custom fizik Rondine saddle, pink King headset and hubs, XTR everything else....
Excellent bike Jill. So what do you know about the mystery VLS bike that appeared in MBA a few issues ago? It had a RS Pike fork and was very aggressive.

·
Registered
362 Posts
downhilljill said:
OK, now I'll show you my most recent addition to the stable. One-off custom color Sonix VL120 frame, custom fizik Rondine saddle, pink King headset and hubs, XTR everything else....
Lets see some pics of you on the bike!!;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Here is my rollout.

2004 x2 nad has been a rgeat bike.
I moved up to sometihng with more travel though recently.

Could not have asked anything more for the price.

It's currently for sale on ridemonkey...
Fame or whole.....

peace,
john

·
Holy Chromoly!!
542 Posts
Sweet Jesus! Jill.. thats a very nice Sonix you've got there!

I kept it the 'standard' color. I liked the gold color on your proto that was used in the first MBA test report and was hoping that the production version would that color. Turned out impossible, but the painted color on the serial version now is very, very cool too. Not too flashy and not too raw.

here pics of mine, probably the only one in Europe I guess??

·
Registered
119 Posts
Here is mine. 04 Haro 8.3 but it is only going to around for a few more days. I just got a new frame and will swapping most of the parts over.

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,980 Posts
downhilljill said:
That was a prototype of our Xeon VL160 bike that will be introduced with our 2007 line. It's a 6.5" travel version of the Sonix.
When does the 2007 line come out?

1 - 20 of 839 Posts