Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havn't seen this thread, except in the context of Hayes hydros.

So... I'm thinking of rocking some DangerBoys on my bro's and my bikes.

~Anyone doing so yet?

~Is is worth it??

~Please Provide Pics!!

Thanks Everyone. :thumbsup:

Obi..

·
853+29+1x24=Fun
1,020 Posts
Here are a couple of pictures of a set I put on my ultimates. I like them, I think they have a bit firmer feel than the carbon levers. Probably a bit more durable and they look great :)

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
I've got a set on some Fives on one bike. Good feeling levers. I can't tell a difference in stiffness or anything over the stock alu levers. They still have a very slight amount of up/down slop, which I hate, but a little less than the stockers at least. (probably not an issue in the spendier/nicer made Code or Ultimate models.) One of these days I'll stick some little shim pieces in the pivot point to get rid of that.

They are good looking, and feel nice, but I'm not planning on them for the other bike. Nicer stainless braided hydro lines would probably be a better upgrade in terms of performance.

A few pics, including the pivot point, and the reach adjuster. They were super easy to install.

Attachments

·
853+29+1x24=Fun
1,020 Posts
Nicer stainless braided hydro lines would probably be a better upgrade in terms of performance.
I put some of those on my Ultimates the other day. The brakes feel a bit crisper. I can post some pictures if anybody is interested. You have to reuse the stock bolt that goes through the banjo fitting at the caliper due to the bleed port (I think this is true with all hydro avid brakes?) otherwise the kit that fits the Sevens fits the ultimates fine.

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kev and Scrub!!

I could've sworn some of us had 'em already. I'm gonna probably end up chucking my Hope's and getting some Avid Sevens. Yeah, I could go ahead and get the Carbons, or Ultimates, but I like the look and feel of the '07 Sevens, now with the alu throw adjuster, like the carbons, minus the ba-bling-bling ti hardware. My father's rolling with the Carbons, and I always hate the lever flex when I borrow his bike, so I think this'll be a solid decision. I will roll with the factory levers for now, and yeah, Goodridge lines are already on the list. I just always like how the DangerBoy's feel. I'm gonna give 'em a call and see what they'll do for me.

**Scrub-Yeah, post the pics now that the lines are swapped out, I wanna see and hear how it's all working for you.

~Ha-ha, now I gotta decide if the Clean Sweep rotors, 185's are ok, or go ahead with the 203's. They're definitely better than the squealing pig sounding octagons, I just want some seriously solid stopping power, no more blowing through and smoking brakes.

*Not that the Hopes weren't good, I just got a better offer from Sram/Avid this year!! :thumbsup:

Edit, maybe I should've called this thread "Lucky Seven's" Huh??
~'07, Seven's, 7"(185) Rotors... :)

·
8,848 Posts
obionespeedonly said:
**Scrub-Yeah, post the pics now that the lines are swapped out, I wanna see and hear how it's all working for you.
I've not done a line swap; mine are all still stock lines on two bikes worth of brakes. They feel fine so far as is, so I won't bother swapping lines unless the stock setup gets messed up or something.

From anecdotal stuff all over various bike sites though, it seems the lines would be the better upgrade in terms of actual performance/durability gain.

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We're still waiting, whassuppp??

I hate carrots, post pics!!

I wanna see which you went with, factory diamenter, ~4mm, or the Goodridge size, ~5mm. I've heard you have to also use the goodridge fittings since the factory piece won't let bigger lines pass through. Is it true??

Edit: FYI, threw my Sevens on today, and am gonna start rolling on 'em tomorrow to get them to bed in. Lemme see, gotta find a sizable not too steep descent that won't overheat 'em and also some fine dust to throw in to get it all bedded right. (Pics probably tomorrow if anyone wnats.)

~Any better tips for break-in, other than the usual game?

Thanks!

·
853+29+1x24=Fun
1,020 Posts
OK here you go. Just the standard Goodridge with their fittings. You have to reuse the stock bolt at the caliper because it has the bleed port in it.

No tips on breaking in, I just rode 'em.

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On the subject of dangling carrots...

I outta follow my own standards and post how mine went...

Front End...

Tail End...

Not sure if I'll change the levers or the lines first. They're performing right solid now, and I'm starting to like how the levers feel.

·
8,848 Posts
Hippienflipflops said:
Scrub,

Is that a CK headseat or I9? How does the gold match w/ the dangerboy levers (if its CK) im looking into getting some gold levers, but want the gold to match.
it's one of these.

http://www.interlocracing.com/headset.html

i've been happy with it so far. seems sturdy, the bearings feel very good, installed just fine. i'll be doing a frame swap in a week or so, and will take a good look at things when i pull it then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.