Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lingering on this forum for a long time and love reading about all the bikes I lusted after when I was really into the MTB scene back in the early to late 90's! Being a broke college student I never had the big bucks to buy any of the handmade American bikes - but I have been keeping my eye's peeled at the pawn shops and garage sales for something cool and retro to ride around. I was at a cleanup day this weekend and brought home a couple of bikes to fix up for a friend of mine to ride. One is a fairly new Specialized Hard Rock that had been ridden during the winter and left outside to rust and corrode - the other is a fair well taken care of Roland Big Bend - which I have never heard of. This Roland had the Exage LX components, Biospace cranks, Araya rims and some pre-rapid fire trigger type shifters. I know it isn't anything too special - but I have been looking to find any information on this bike and have come up with absolutely nothing. I am installing my old set of STX rapid fire pods, LX cantilever brakes and was even thinking about trying to paint it for him. Do I need a special chain with the Bio space cranks??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.