Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello (again). I know these are discontinued but anyone have an idea of a fair price for a used one? Id have two kids who could use sequentially starting from 18 months or so .. 1500 USD max? Checked on Pinkbike and cant see any for sale

· Registered
14,051 Posts
Hello (again). I know these are discontinued but anyone have an idea of a fair price for a used one? Its been used properly but its serviced and has upgraded touch points . I ask as a US friend has been offered one and doesnt want it for his kids - no call for it in downtown Houston I guess .. but he has 'first dibs' and said he'd be happy to bring to me as he goes back and forward regularly...
Im not in a rush for it but with new 24" FS at the £1800 $2500 (apart from the Polygon D24X) and rising start price Im interested. Id have two kids who could use sequentially starting from 18 months or so ..what do we think? 1500 USD max? Checked on Pinkbike and cant see any for sale
How much is your friend supposed to pay for it?
That seems like it would be your starting point.

Also - seems like they they renamed rather than discontinued these bikes (though the design has changed over time as well of course).

· Registered
2,175 Posts
I know a guy that just sold a nice used one 20" one for like 1500$. but yeah they dropped that bike.

If you are buying a 24" FS bike tho I'd be all over YT's Primus 24 for 1999$. Its about the same as Norco's nicer FS build that retails for around 3300$ right now...no joke. Its a miracle its still 2k$. Its also a big time step-up in suspension/wheels/tires/cockpit from the Rokkusutta. That YT bike has always been a huge value. Its got the JUnit fork and custom tuned McLeod as well as their sweet Duroc wheels too. Maxxis tires and full SDG kids cockpit is sick. Looks like it ships no later than May. It used to be shipping January like a month ago lol. I know more than a few dads that are stocking up on that bike for next year as everything else now in that range costs 3k$ or more. My guess is that in 2-3yrs you may very well be able to sell it for what you paid...which is sad but just how things are going.

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Had thought of the YT. And others. Big but…. Used someone trying to selling YT at £2k on PB in UK and due to Brexit blah blah etc new is 2125 £ so equiv of 2900 usd new next year here. Even if get in Europe it’s 2500-2800 usd so about double the dough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.