Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has tried the Rohloff shifter on an H-bar or something similiar, i got one of those and a Black Sheep enduro mustach and neither look like a good fit at all, any one have any ideas? I got some regular risers but i really do like the extra sweep and back set hand options. Thanks, should be a rohloff club member if i can ever get a rotor!

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
It is a challenge fitting the Rohloff shifters on odd bar shapes, same as conventional Gripshift. Even if the bars have a straight enough section, the cable exit direction can create quite a cable loop.

Have you checked with speedgoat.com, universalcycles.com or webcyclery.com for the Rohloff disc. Magura also makes a Marta SL Rohloff disc.

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
Has anyone tried adapting a 90 degree brake noodle for use on the Rohloff shifter? If these Avid noodles were trimmed at the red line they would fit neatly into the cylindrical aluminium fitting on the shifter. That would help direct the cable along the bar in the same direction as brake cables which might make cable management easier and reduce the length of the cable loops.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Custom works too

I posted these a week or so ago on another thread (sorry for the re-tread photos), but I had James at Black Sheep make these to accommodate a full-size grip (I have huge hands), the Rohloff shifter, and a brake lever on the grip side of the welded junction. Please note that while they share design and construction details/characteristics of the H-bar, they obviously don't have the forward extensions, which I felt I didn't want/need. The grip sections are also at 36 degrees versus the 45 degrees on the h-bar.

Anyway, while this bar meets my needs/desires, I am not sure if it will meet yours, but I am sure James will work with you to make what you need/want (think of it as an opportunity to get creative :thumbsup: ).

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
It's cheaper than having an expensive stem that is not quite right...

tscheezy said:
I'm likin' the $7 stem on the $10,000 bike. :)
Thanks for noticing :rolleyes: ! With the custom bars and the bike being relatively new, I''m using cheap stems to dial in the most comfortable position. I will obviously upgrade.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
rockyuphill said:
Has anyone tried adapting a 90 degree brake noodle for use on the Rohloff shifter? If these Avid noodles were trimmed at the red line they would fit neatly into the cylindrical aluminium fitting on the shifter. That would help direct the cable along the bar in the same direction as brake cables which might make cable management easier and reduce the length of the cable loops.
Never tired this with a rohloff shifter, but I've seen people use Avid rollamajigs on road bike STI shifters to make the cables clear a handlebar bag. Seems like you could make the cable exit however you wanted that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.