Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on putting together a dream build of sorts in the near future. 99% sure I'd like a Rohloff hub, but know very little about the Rotor cranks. Would i be able to run the rotor cranks with the Rohloff hub? Any inconveniences to this?

Thanks alot
Mike

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
Rotor cranks shouldn't be an issue if used as a single speed crankset. They don't do anything to the gear ratio and that's the only thing that Rohloff are sensitive too. You can even use the Rohloff with the Schlumpf 2 speed cranks if you keep the gear range within the torque multiplication limits of the Rohloff hub.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use both as well but for very different reasons, being an amputee I find the RotoR to be a complete godsend.

The only problem I've had with the RotoR is the weather sealing, which for UK is terrible and needs stripping/cleaning/greasing once a month and I've still had one worn main bearing replaced and those on the arms need doing now as well.

Anyway, here's mine. It also has a bashring on it now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That's one...

of the sexiest bikes I've seen in this board, 1LegRikk.

How do you like the Pace frame so far? I haven't had the chance to ride/review that bike at all, though I've always wanted to :( Perhaps the next time I visit your country?

Many thanks for the pictures!

·
Registered
25 Posts
seis66 said:
of the sexiest bikes I've seen in this board, 1LegRikk.!
Thank you :blush:

After a lot of problems getting it then it being delivered with a bent mech hanger I've got nothing but praise. It's far more bike than I'll ever use.
The suspension is outstanding, very plush when it needs to be yet stiff and responsive and the fox 36 rc2's match it very well.

Always welcome to come and play :)

·
Dr Gadget is IN
2,395 Posts
One beauty of the RotoR cranks is that you can tune the chainline by threading the BB in or out.

Be sure to get the lock ring for the drive side to help it stay put - I run my RotoR on a fixed gear bike, and it would not stay put until I got the lock ring.

Only disadvantage is lack of chainrings. 34t ramped is the one you get. 110mm bcd 4 bolt is unique to RotoR (that's the MTB version - don't recall the proprietary road bcd).

I did get Tomicogs to make me a 34t 110 bcd 4 bolt (stainless steel, no ramps) but I still need to file the clearance for the RotoR links.

Install! Enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.