Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
crashes in parkinglot
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted the question on the drivetrain and wheels forum (sorry not trying to spam all the boards), no replies yet on the other boards so maybe some SC fanatics can help me out...

Anybody have any experience w/ a disc Rohloff hub on an older (2002 i think) chameleon?
The older chameleons have the disc brake attachement that goes under the frame.
What gears have worked such that one doesn't need a tensioner and so that the disk works?

Are there any mods that need to be done in order for the torque arm to fit?

I'm started to look into the Rohloff again as i've gone through several derailers and have bent my Der hanger back more times than i can count. Any help and pics would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
868 Posts
EricTheRed said:
I posted the question on the drivetrain and wheels forum (sorry not trying to spam all the boards), no replies yet on the other boards so maybe some SC fanatics can help me out...

Anybody have any experience w/ a disc Rohloff hub on an older (2002 i think) chameleon?
The older chameleons have the disc brake attachement that goes under the frame.
What gears have worked such that one doesn't need a tensioner and so that the disk works?

Are there any mods that need to be done in order for the torque arm to fit?

I'm started to look into the Rohloff again as i've gone through several derailers and have bent my Der hanger back more times than i can count. Any help and pics would be greatly appreciated.
I can't help you with the Rohloff, but with the disc on an older chameleon with the hanger, some people single speed them by not putting in the front bolt on the hanger and then sliding the hanger with the rear wheel axel to tension the chain. I hear it works great and is how I would run a disc on the chameleon as a SS. You can probably still get away with using a QR rear up and using the non-drive non-disc piece (the one that would have been opposite the derrailer hanger on the geared version) on the drive side to help tension the wheel. The nice part about the underside disc hanger is that when you brake, the forces pull the wheel into the track ends rather than out of them. I would still probably use a bolt on rear hub if you have one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.