Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
@adelorenzo
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been using a pair of these Roeckl Lillehammer gloves for riding, they've been something of a revelation 'round these parts. LBS brought in a pretty large order, local XC skiers and snow bikers started raving about them, and then the mushers got wind of them and bought them out of stock before the start of the Yukon Quest.

There are warmer gloves, but these things are crazy for how light and comfortable they are vs. the amount of warmth. Disclaimer: I'm fairly cold resistant, but I have no problems with them down in the -20 C range (without pogies). They'd be awesome inside pogies or a larger mitt as well.

The leather is butter-soft and seems a little worrisome, but so far no one is reporting any undue wear issues from mtb grips or ski grips/straps. They're great for doing things with your hands (like shooting guns -- they are made for biathlon).

Downsides: they cost a mint (around 100 bucks over here). I just checked their website and they have about 1400 different types of gloves, so I have no idea how good the other 1399 pairs are. Also, it seems like they aren't readily available in North America, at least from their dealer list.

Anyways, if you do see a pair in your travels, check 'em out.

http://www.roeckl.de/en/products/nordic-sports/cross-country-skiing-biathlon/glove/lillehammer/

·
@adelorenzo
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They don't seem to get too sweaty... Did an 8-hour ride yesterday in hellish conditions, definitely got some moisture in there when I was working hard, but they seem to shed it fairly well. At the end they were a little damp only and still kept my hands warm on the downhills. I'd wear these below freezing, I imagine they would be too warm above that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.