Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 381 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Good decision, but where are the ride pics? :confused:
The Tahoe Rim Trail between Starr Lake and Big Meadows, passes Freel Peak, Jobe/Jobes Sister, on the way to Mr Toads :)

Looking northwest toward Lake Tahoe, Stateline South Shore
KIMG0061.JPG

Freel Peak
KIMG0059.JPG

·
fat guy on a little bike
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This thread is worthless until there are pictures of a filthy bike and at least one skinned knee.
sorry, i will try to crash more often for you...

Love the colour, you're going to have to do something with the red flashes on the forks, the clash! :D
umm... wait till you see the green handlebars that are going on... :p

Screw the house, that shite can wait! We need ride pics!!
only one pic surfaced so far, me f'ing up a line around a tree...

made some setup changes and will be tacking the Northern Jersey rocks tomorrow. :)

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
sorry, i will try to crash more often for you...

umm... wait till you see the green handlebars that are going on... :p

only one pic surfaced so far, me f'ing up a line around a tree...

made some setup changes and will be tacking the Northern Jersey rocks tomorrow. :)
Do you like it?

I had mine leaning against the bed, my wife got mad when I rolled over and kissed it good night.

Jealous ;)

·
fat guy on a little bike
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Do you like it?
ABSOFUGGINLUTELY!!! the bike is fun as f&ck. Wheelies are effortless, and the bike is very spunky. unlike my 29+, i gelled with the Fatillac almost immediately. I made a techy climb yesterday that i never did before. Not sure it was FS related, or just it has a 44T 1st gear. Regardless, it worked better for me :) .

This is my first FS bike, so i have to get used to the "movement" when climbing/pedaling. i will figure it out, just gimme some time...

Haven't taken it on any fast stuff yet. Put a 203 rotor on it today in preparation for some downhillin' later this week.

·
fat guy on a little bike
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Mike jinxed me... Had a hell of a crash today, blood was shed...

Pics coming as soon as I get them...

·
fat guy on a little bike
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Happy!

about to NOT be happy...

:p

·
Elitest thrill junkie
34,999 Posts
Heh, nice capture though on the camera! Hope it turned out ok.

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Rock snake, rare, but deadly.

Be careful out there.

What caused the endo? I can't see anything that would stop the front wheel in that photo.

·
fat guy on a little bike
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I could be wrong.
you are right, you ARE wrong... :p

Cliff notes: Hit the rock at speed in 5th gear, but what you can't see in the photo (and i didn't see it either) is a small rock kicker at the base. Hit that kicker with the rear wheel and that was all she wrote...

·
fat guy on a little bike
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
You are still my hero!
awe... :blush:

so, the first few smaller rides I had on the Fatillac, I ran 220psi in the shock. This was too soft, so on the last ride I fiddled and upped it multiple times settling on 260psi.

Being 195lbs, i figured that was too much psi, so after talking to a few people I tore into the shock to add volume reducers.

The shock had 4 reducers on the upper positive chamber, and 2 reducers on the lower negative chamber.

starting small, I removed the 2 from the lower chamber, and added 1 to the upper chamber.

I reinflated the shock, and this time i ended up at 240psi. I think I may add another reducer to the top chamber, but I want to ride it first.

I have a few rides planned, one being this afternoon. I will report back with my findings... :thumbsup:

·
Elitest thrill junkie
34,999 Posts
There's nothing wrong with using 260psi. That shock has a big air can, so it's whatever it takes.

21 - 40 of 381 Posts