Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 381 Posts

·
fat guy on a little bike
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2019 *UPDATE* I loved the Fatillac so much, I bought a second one! https://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/rodney-got-fatillac-1056240-5.html#post14484033

After lusting for 2 years over the Lenz Fatillac, I was finally able to pick one up. :cool: After what I assume he thinks was incessant pestering, last week I struck a deal with Mikesee on one of his old sleds. Thanks buddy! :thumbsup:

Had the Fatillac delivered to work. The receptionist calls me and says "Your Tristan Weiner is here..." WTF? Weiner? wut?

I quickly tore open the box to find a few weeks of garbage from Colorado. I think there might have been a dirty diaper or 3 in there...

ah, there she is!

I quickly gutted my Wednesday for parts and assembled her.

In my haste, I hamfisted the dropper and broke it. Meh, I needed some other stuff anyway. So, off internet shipping I go... :rolleyes:

Today I got all the little bits and pieces to finish her off. Here she is so far.

I rode her around the house for an hour fiddling and adjusting. In a word, AWESOME! Wheelies are effortless and she is quick on her feet. Tomorrow will be my first real ride. So excited!!! :yesnod:

·
fat guy on a little bike
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Current build 10/6/17:

Lenz Fatillac Medium frame w/ 6" levers
Mastodon 140mm
Rockshox Monarch Plus RC3
i45 Scraper w/ DT Swiss 350
Maxxis Minion 27.5 x 3.8 FBF/FBR
SRAM XX1 crank 28T
SRAM XG 11 speed w/ Wolftooth 44T cog
Hope E4 203F 180R
Easton Haven 35mm bars
Easton Haven 50mm stem
Fox Transfer 125mm external dropper post w/ Wolftooth lever
SQLAB 611 Ergowave Active seat
Spank Oozy Trail flat pedals

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Nice!
Mike pinged me a few weeks ago that he was selling it( 2 days after I had got a Farley EX).
But it's too small for me....

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Dood, nice ride!

Did you limit the Mastodon to 140mm? I run mine full out, 150mm, would take 160mm if it was available.

Get some 27.5 x 3" tires for long fast rides, the bb is definitely high enough.

I love my Fatillac, lusted after it ever since Mike did his first show and tell :)

We need to do, like a Fatillac group ride in Fruita, totally rad!

·
fat guy on a little bike
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Fatillac fever around here! Looks great, congrats.

Did you limit the Mastodon to 140mm? I run mine full out, 150mm, would take 160mm if it was available.

Get some 27.5 x 3" tires for long fast rides, the bb is definitely high enough.
didn't touch it yet. well, i fiddled with air pressure and low speed compression, but that was basically it.

i am a fat bike guy. 3" or under, well, we just don't get along. just sold my stache to facilitate the Fatillac, and so far i could not be happier.

·
beer thief
4,913 Posts
Great looking rig and nice built specs. Is the bike short lengthwise? I know the chain stays are very short but expect the slack HTA would make up for it. The wheelbase/cockpit appears short in pics.

Enjoy!

·
This place needs an enema
15,567 Posts
I quickly tore open the box to find a few weeks of garbage from Colorado. I think there might have been a dirty diaper or 3 in there...

One man's trash is another man's recycled packing material -- and it took more than a few weeks to collect!

This thread is worthless until there are pictures of a filthy bike and at least one skinned knee.

·
This place needs an enema
15,567 Posts
Great looking rig and nice built specs. Is the bike short lengthwise? I know the chain stays are very short but expect the slack HTA would make up for it. The wheelbase/cockpit appears short in pics.

Enjoy!

This frame is a size medium.

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts

Enjoy!
The Fatillac does have a short wheelbase, not too long in the TT, short CS, so quite agile.

I'm finding the Fatillac to be good climber, longest ride has been 25 miles, ~four hours, it was never uncomfortable.

I don't fiddle with the fork, set and left it alone, but I do flip my shock damper into climb mode for longer climbs.

Mine is a large, it did appear short when I built it, esp compared to Kona geo! I had to go up to a 60mm stem with the seat centered (non setback post) to get a good fit.

It's not that slack, 67deg is normal a trail bike.

·
fat guy on a little bike
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess someone should point out you spelled Fatillac wrong ;)
oops, i am an idiot... corrected.

i will update about my first ride on it later, i gotta work on the stupid house...

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Screw the house, that shite can wait! We need ride pics!!

I rode 25 miles on the TRT yesterday, ~10k climbing, awesome rock crawling, completely fried by the end, what a great machine.

1 - 20 of 381 Posts