Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode Westwoods in Guilford this past Saturday. Hadn't been there in quite a while, but I just got back into mtn. biking and wanted to try out the new bike. Conditions were good, lots of little hits here and there on the trails. Ran into a few hikers who seemed happy to see me so that was nice. I've heard rumors of some stunts in there somewhere, anyone know where they might be? I basically took the big "main" trail from the top of Dunk Rock Road to where it crosses Moose Hill Road and then rode back (I'm pretty out of shape after this past winter).

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
rode there a month ago

If you are looking for freeriding...Westwoods does not have it. It is however, some of the best technical singletrack riding available. I heard that the man made stunts have been down for a long time, and I know of maybe 2 drops in there (4 footers).

Someone (the State?) cleared the majority of the dead trees that were blocking the trails, so you can now ride everything instead of hiking over it ever 20 yards or so.

The trails leading to the salt marsh are awesome. Lots of technical rock sections......

I plan on heading out there more often when I get my 2nd bike.

If you want freeriding...Trumbull is hard to top in CT.

burkenstox said:
Rode Westwoods in Guilford this past Saturday. Hadn't been there in quite a while, but I just got back into mtn. biking and wanted to try out the new bike. Conditions were good, lots of little hits here and there on the trails. Ran into a few hikers who seemed happy to see me so that was nice. I've heard rumors of some stunts in there somewhere, anyone know where they might be? I basically took the big "main" trail from the top of Dunk Rock Road to where it crosses Moose Hill Road and then rode back (I'm pretty out of shape after this past winter).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.