Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new bike last week and after not riding for about 7 years I am not in the best shape ever so I tried to pick a nice easy ride to start with... I made it about, oh, .1 miles up from the goodman creek trailhead and couldn't even make that first climb, so I decided to try my backup plan and head across the lake.

On the north shore trail I rode up to Ivan Oakes campground and lost the trail so I came back down the road. Since I'm still pretty weak I need short climbs with a quick rest right afterwards and that's just what I got today; it was a great workout without being overly taxing.

There are a few spots where you get friendly with some blackberries, but I didn't mind much and even hacked several out of the way for later.

Made record (slow) time of 2:15 for the 12.63 miles ridden but it was a fun trip nonetheless. Saw nobody else on the trail.

Here are some pics:

The bike:

Little bit of trail:

Made my only wipeout here (should have known better):

View across the lake:

Some more trail:

Couple of nice flowers:

Another lake view:

Nice little bridge:

Geese:

Crazy tree:

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Nice shots. North Shore is a great trail, but it needs some love.:(
The brushy sections take alot of work to clear. For a trail so close to Eugene, it deserves more attention.

Welcome back to the bike spipedong, and to the DOD. See ya on the trails.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cazloco said:
Did you read the bylaws? For clarification; we* all like dark beer. Thanks in advance.

Caz

*except LouSir, he'll drink pee.
ah man, I just skipped over them cause I thought it was standard legal mumbo jumbo... what else did I agree to?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Goodman Creek gave me and my SS a good butt kicking Saturday. Jim Davis and I revised our plans and did Goodman Creek to Eagle's Rest instead of MRT. First time on Goodman Creek and I have to say I was impressed with the beauty of the trail, I just wish I'd had more gears. I thought I was in pretty good shape but it sure seemed like a tough climb, I'll use the elevation and heat as an excuse.

Thanks Jim for guiding me, the view from Eagles Rest was worth.

Happy trails
Jolly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.