Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by my bike shop yesterday to make a payment on my Prophet and they told me that it had come in the day before. I took it out for a test drive and man that thing has some big ass tires on it. Is anybody leaving those things on? They look good but I'm not sure I want to try and pedal up hill with those things. I ordered the Patriot blue and it looks a lot better in person than in the photos... Two more payments and she's all mine!

·
a.k.a.-Cranial Disharmony
238 Posts
Cograts dude - thats awesome. I remember when I was making payments on mine. It was torture waiting.

Those tires are good for DH but nothing else IMO. Take em off and put something smaller and lighter. I use Panaracer XC Pro 2.1's here in New England.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you using the tubeless version of the Panaracer?

ryoninct said:
Cograts dude - thats awesome. I remember when I was making payments on mine. It was torture waiting.

Those tires are good for DH but nothing else IMO. Take em off and put something smaller and lighter. I use Panaracer XC Pro 2.1's here in New England.

·
238 Posts
no...they were a transplant from my F1000 which has regular rims. I'm probably going to go with a larger tire like 2.3's. I like the Hutch. Spider's UST 2.3's.

·
238 Posts
MagnumsMayhem said:
I'm using the UST Panaracers and love them. Same great tread design as the tube version but in a UST.
Yea - they are great tires but it's really muddy here in the NE this time of year and they dont shed mud very well.

·
Registered
445 Posts
panaracer

the panaracer's are awesome---a little slow rolling though! i i have heard great things about the irc serac and will be checking them out (ust version)---and pricepoint has a great deal on them!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the IRC Serac UST tires on my cross country bike and they are very good tires. The only complaint that I have is they seem to break traction a little easy on slippery uphill climbs. I've noticed that I have to be more careful about how I apply power to the rear end where as I really did'nt have to worry about that with the Bontrager Jones's that were on it before. But overall they are great tires. They hold air really well too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.