Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i rode alafia for the first time yesteday! it was a blast! i did fall acouple of times, but im still a beginner.i actually tried ride the harder ones like gatorback and rollercoaster and the moonscape or whatever it was called. i was really impressed the the conditions of the trails. very well maintained. i even broke my seat on the trail and was able to buy a really nice one from another rider for 5 bucks. so i got to keep riding. i will be back definantly next weekend for sure!:thumbsup:

·
Dirt Eater
301 Posts
Woo! for new riders! That would be the third seat that I know of that Alafai has claimed. Luckily, none have been mine! Dont forget about all the other awesome trails in the region: Boyette has some good stuff, Santos rocks, and Razorback for when your skills are sharp.

·
Dirt Eater
301 Posts
Santos is the first Ocala exit, and Razorback is pretty much the last. San Felasco is ok and is a bit further north, just past Gainesville.

Boyette is right around the corner, and Flatwoods is a little jaunt dont the road.

Lots of great riding within 2 hours of Alafai. I live in New Tampa, so Santos is about an hour away vs Alafai being 45 mins. I will go to either one, depending on my mood.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yeah, the area from tampa to Ocala is where all the good riding in FL is. Alafia is sick and it gets even sicker when you have a better rider in front of you to copy the lines on. Swamp is meeting there this sunday at 9am for a group ride. Boyette is maybe 5 miles away from alafia and it's good if you want some semi technical stuff with the option for lots of miles. Swamp has been putting a lot of work into this trail system recently. Flatwoods and Croom are good but not very techy. Santos is just plain awesome.

·
I hate that name.
1,643 Posts
TheBigC said:
Woo! for new riders! That would be the third seat that I know of that Alafai has claimed. Luckily, none have been mine! Dont forget about all the other awesome trails in the region: Boyette has some good stuff, Santos rocks, and Razorback for when your skills are sharp.
I know you gotta stay loyal to your county, Ranger Boy ;) , but don't forget about Loyce Harpe fka Carter in Lakeland/Mulberry.

·
Dirt Eater
301 Posts
blunderbuss said:
I know you gotta stay loyal to your county, Ranger Boy ;) , but don't forget about Loyce Harpe fka Carter in Lakeland/Mulberry.
Where? :skep: :D

Havent been there in a couple years. Maybe it's time to give the place another chance. Not till winter, tho! Gotta make it back up to Razorback soon. I wanna ride it again beore the FSCS #1

·
Registered
18 Posts
nive to see tampa people out here i'm new to biking just got into it went to boyette with a friend on sat around noon, it was so hot for him he puked!! but other than that i'm really impressed with the trails in tampa. If any newbies want to ride sometime im down to go i live in the brandon/ tampa area so boyette and alafia are real close. I still haven't been to alafia but i'm still a newbie who's real out of shape just trying to keep the pace. Boyette had some grate single tracks but that heat was killer being from ohio i wasn't real use to it, lol. as soo as we were done i went to cosco and pickd up a camelback they are on sale for 16bucks by the way real good deal. Anyways didn't mean to jack the thread but again it is nice to see other riders in tampa.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts