Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Uzzi is in the shop getting some repairs and TLC after the carnage of sunday's brutal slimefest race, and my LBS owner said "you should take my 6.6 for a couple of days." I was on that like stink on a monkey!!

Took it for a long trail ride yesterday with a couple of evil climbs and sweet downs. All I can say is "Holy Carp!!!!" What an awesome bike! So light and nimble. Accelerates like a hardtail but still has all that squish! He's got it set up with a 36RC2 up front, Hone/XT drivetrain, Hope brakes, Chromag bars, Thompson seatpost and stem, D321s, etc... At first I found it a bit twitchy compared to the Uzzi (D'uh :D) but man can you ever throw it around. Most fun I've ever had climbing. It's a very capable descender as well. Not as point and shoot as the Uzzi (again D'uh) but no slouch in the gnarly stuff. I did find some pedal feedback in the first couple of gears in the granny, but nothing worth worrying about.

Now I want one. Anyone got $5 grand for me? :D

The 6.6 is an incredible bike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just one more week...

...and the boys over at Bike Attack should have my 6point6 ready to go...after reading all the reviews, I'm just drooling to get that thing on the trails...:cornut:

·
ride
5,274 Posts
L. Ron Hoover said:
You're going to love it. It's an amazing frame.:thumbsup:
Amen. Every time I ride mine, I think how much in love with it I am. This 6.6 is easily my favorite bike I've had since my '97 custom steel hardtail. Hands down. This bike does everything and does it extremely well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts