Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Uzzi is in the shop getting some repairs and TLC after the carnage of sunday's brutal slimefest race, and my LBS owner said "you should take my 6.6 for a couple of days." I was on that like stink on a monkey!!

Took it for a long trail ride yesterday with a couple of evil climbs and sweet downs. All I can say is "Holy Carp!!!!" What an awesome bike! So light and nimble. Accelerates like a hardtail but still has all that squish! He's got it set up with a 36RC2 up front, Hone/XT drivetrain, Hope brakes, Chromag bars, Thompson seatpost and stem, D321s, etc... At first I found it a bit twitchy compared to the Uzzi (D'uh :D) but man can you ever throw it around. Most fun I've ever had climbing. It's a very capable descender as well. Not as point and shoot as the Uzzi (again D'uh) but no slouch in the gnarly stuff. I did find some pedal feedback in the first couple of gears in the granny, but nothing worth worrying about.

Now I want one. Anyone got $5 grand for me? :D

The 6.6 is an incredible bike.

·
ride
5,275 Posts
L. Ron Hoover said:
You're going to love it. It's an amazing frame.:thumbsup:
Amen. Every time I ride mine, I think how much in love with it I am. This 6.6 is easily my favorite bike I've had since my '97 custom steel hardtail. Hands down. This bike does everything and does it extremely well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.