Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Paste eater
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've saw a review somewhere around here with one retrofitted for a Motolite and I have to say i'm intrigued. I've heard grumblings of a Roco TST that would fit the ML i2i measurements... anyone know when this might be available? I was just going to go with a DHX but the PP switch (TST or whatever it is) is more appealing to me than a dial.

·
Registered
897 Posts
FM is the man with the goods. I've got mine all mounted and ready. If this damn Colorado weather would just cooperate:madman: :madman: I should send mine to FM so he can at least break it in for me.

Chris

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
FM said:
Extremely happy with the rocos! Not much else to add that isn't covered in Geo's link. Just pick up the lavoratory gaskets to limit the stroke and you're all set. :thumbsup:
Heh, I saw EBX's trail building thread. Glamour photo mate !~! Wild Mas Hess's photo is a classic beer add for a real mountain bike mag, not even a chainsaw guard :crazy: .

·
Paste eater
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally Posted by funkle
FM, I'm loving the idea of that Roco shock. I called up a reseller, and they seemed to think the 2" version should be available mid-january. Do you think there will be a big difference between this in the one you shimmed? Also, did you use a titanium spring? That would be a great way to save some weight.
Well, it's mid january and nothin'... I'll give it till spring before doing my own mod. Thanks guys.

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
FM said:
Just get the coil. Coil rides so much nicer than air, I'm never going back!
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
funkle said:
How does it balance an air fork?
I think it woudl be a non-issue, but it really depends on what air fork and how you tune it.

I've tried both coil and air shocks on a few different frames, and for some reason the difference is more drastic on the motolite. The air is killer for that firm pedaling awesome climbing XC feel. But the motolite feels so much plusher with a coil in back. I prefer the coil on this bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.