Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ditching the DHX air and going coil for me 6.6. I'm torn between the 2. I have a ti coil for it and am just not sure what to go for. I like the ability ot have some sort of low speed compression dampening but I just have not tried any Marzocchi rear shocks and I own 2 DHX coil for other bikes. Is the roco as good as the fox? I'm 136# w/ gear ride agressive xc/ drops and stunts. It has a Van36 of the front. Thanks for the help.

·
Stray Bullet
2,273 Posts
The general consensus on the Turner board is stock for stock the TST is better than the DHX-C. After being PUSH'ed most prefer the DHX-C. Of course PUSH will be working on ROCO's here shortly.

I just put a TST on my ASX and love it. I live in SoCal and most riding is up and then down. Being able to pretty lock out the rear suspension is a nice option. Of course on a better pedaling bike like your 6.6 you may use the lock out even less. In the open position the suspension feels awesome. High speed rocky sections are smooth as butter and drops feel great too.

Really you can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
715 Posts
You can not go wrong with the Roco... I run the WC (no platform) on my Uzzi and find it pedals as well as my XC (with platform) bike. I think the switch from the DHX has been a huge upgrade.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$
889 Posts
DHX Coil

I also dumped the DHX Air on my 6.6 for the coil version and could not be happier (once I got it dialed-in). My Uzzi SLX has a PUSH-ed Vanilla RC and the DHX coil on the 6.6 feels every bit as smooth & plush.

I've never ridden the Marz Roco but do hear good things. My guess is you'll be pretty happy with the improvement of either shock since I never felt the DXH-A was a good match for the 6.6 to begin with. Especially not for a 200-pounder like me :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
i've ridden both shocks, as well as the cane creek db.

first preference is the marz tst r for ease of use and cost. i'm not sure you can get a world cup that'll fit the 6.6, but i could be wrong.

the cane creek is a nicer feeling shock, but it's kind of a pain to adjust -- ask people who have them on 6.6s how easy it is to access their adjustment dials.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I'm ditching the DHX air and going coil for me 6.6. I'm torn between the 2. I have a ti coil for it and am just not sure what to go for. I like the ability ot have some sort of low speed compression dampening but I just have not tried any Marzocchi rear shocks and I own 2 DHX coil for other bikes. Is the roco as good as the fox? I'm 136# w/ gear ride agressive xc/ drops and stunts. It has a Van36 of the front. Thanks for the help.
Heather,

I have been riding the Roco TST R and a 250# Ti spring and a Totem Solo air on my 7point and love the shock! Super plush full open on the DH compression setting and almost lockout on the CL setting. I am a buck 40 and have 2 springs a 250# and a 325# for bigger stuff although I am mostly using the 250# getting 35% sag with it. With the Totem I can balance my bike out well with the Roco and 2 springs. The Roco firms up well towards the end with the boost air and I have not felt the bottom yet. My vote is for the Roco!

·
suspension whore
702 Posts
robot said:
the cane creek is a nicer feeling shock, but it's kind of a pain to adjust -- ask people who have them on 6.6s how easy it is to access their adjustment dials.
My CCDB rode fantasticly out of the box. on my 6.6 w Fox Van 36.
I swapped out for a Ti spring and made one two turn adjustment and havnt touched it since
The improvement in ride quality was huge, cant say enough good things.
you wont regret it

·
Registered
381 Posts
sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I'm looking at ditching the DXH5 air for a ROCO tst5 on my 6.6. I'm 90kg (200pounds) and I'm a little confused as to what spring I'll need to run :confused:

can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.