Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
mtnjam
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So finally got a shuttle run in with the bottlerocket a few days ago. I think I still need to dial in the suspension for downhilling with it. I'm thinking of upgrading from the DHX Air that's currently on it to a Marz Roco TST. I briefly pedaled a friends bike around that has a Roco TST on it and man is it plush. I'm at about 175 to 180 with full gear/pads so I'm looking at either a 400 or 450# coil. Probably go with the 450? and what length of coil do I need? The shock length/stroke is 7.875 x 2.25 and I'm on a medium bottlerocket.

Is it me or does it seem like a medium bottlerocket is a little small as in frame size for DH? Does anyone else use their BR for shuttle runs?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
ryman said:
Is it me or does it seem like a medium bottlerocket is a little small as in frame size for DH? Does anyone else use their BR for shuttle runs?
I have thought the same thing when it came to this bike. Anyone thinking that they can get away with this bike as their all purpose, all mountain bike, up hill bike is deceiving them selves. Not that it can't be done... but I have tried other bikes out there that have the same 6&6 set up and they pedal tons better.

But this bike was not designed to be that category of bike. That is what the Covert was made for.

·
Registered
289 Posts
ryman said:
So finally got a shuttle run in with the bottlerocket a few days ago. I think I still need to dial in the suspension for downhilling with it. I'm thinking of upgrading from the DHX Air that's currently on it to a Marz Roco TST. I briefly pedaled a friends bike around that has a Roco TST on it and man is it plush. I'm at about 175 to 180 with full gear/pads so I'm looking at either a 400 or 450# coil. Probably go with the 450? and what length of coil do I need? The shock length/stroke is 7.875 x 2.25 and I'm on a medium bottlerocket.

I shuttle mine all the time. Currently running a Sm BR w/ ROCO TST-R 2.25x450# spring- rebound turned all the way out (no rebound damping). Works great for me. I like it w/o any damping because I can pump the trails better. I hardly ever have to pedal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.