Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fellas, after much research on rear shocks for my 05 Coiler I am set on getting a Roco TST R. My question is with an ETE and stroke of 7.875 x 2.00 on the 05 Coiler, what size Roco should I fit? Go-Ride.com has a 7.850 x 2.00 would this fit or would I want to do that? Not clear as to what sizes marzocchi is offering on their website.

Also, does anyone know where I could find this shock in stock in the US?

A little help from someone in the know would be great.

Thanks
 

·
Just roll it......
Joined
·
7,621 Posts
dingleberry said:
Alright fellas, after much research on rear shocks for my 05 Coiler I am set on getting a Roco TST R. My question is with an ETE and stroke of 7.875 x 2.00 on the 05 Coiler, what size Roco should I fit? Go-Ride.com has a 7.850 x 2.00 would this fit or would I want to do that? Not clear as to what sizes marzocchi is offering on their website.

Also, does anyone know where I could find this shock in stock in the US?

A little help from someone in the know would be great.

Thanks
That'd work fine. Their (marzocchi's) site says they come in 200mm by 50mm. That's what you want.

A buddy has one of those and that'll make for a great upgrade to the Coiler.

EB
 

·
Chris Bling
Joined
·
2,594 Posts
not in stock

if you are hoping to find one in the continental us, you dreaming. i talked to chris at marzocchi yesterday and their shipment from italy is coming in at the end of january. they are going fast, so if you want one, call and get one reserved. if not, they will all be gone agian like they were before

dusty
 

·
Just roll it......
Joined
·
7,621 Posts
dustyduke22 said:
if you are hoping to find one in the continental us, you dreaming. i talked to chris at marzocchi yesterday and their shipment from italy is coming in at the end of january. they are going fast, so if you want one, call and get one reserved. if not, they will all be gone agian like they were before

dusty
Dusty, you likely know this already, but on the '07, the coiler has a longer stroke shock, so I think you'll need the 200m x 57mm zocchi. I'd just doublecheck that.

Are you not liking the DHX air on it?

EBX
 

·
Chris Bling
Joined
·
2,594 Posts
dhx air yucky

no, i dont really dig the shock. its way easy for me to bottom out, even with the psi way up there. i like the feel of the the coil shocks way more anyway. whats another pound on a 37 pound bike anyway?

dusty

ps thanks for the specs on the shock, and yes, i did know before i got mine on order
 

·
Chris Bling
Joined
·
2,594 Posts
heck yes!

sus13 said:
Just curious, are you also upgrading the fork on your Coilair?
i am going to get a 66 eta as soon as i can sell my fork. it up for grabs for 600 bucks if you know anyone. never ridden and brand new.

as far as pre ordering a shock, get into your bike shop and have them call marzocchi directly

dusty
 

·
solid gold plated
Joined
·
878 Posts
cant beleive your coilair is 37lbs, that seems well heavy for an coiler with air shocks, and a smaller framed model
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Will do Konut.

Everywhere I have checked says they are just waiting on a shipment out of Italy from Marzocchi. Hopefully I will be able to report something back within the next month. El Nino is messing up weather here in the southeastern US.

37 lb Coilair? My 19'' 05 Coiler is somewhere between 33 and 34 lbs with a Pike coil up front and a pushed Vanilla coil in the rear. I do run a fairly light wheelset though.

I wonder if the TST will feel a lot better than my Pushed Vanilla? I really just wanted a more adjustable shock that I could reach down flip over the compression for fireroad climbs, etc. Then be able to open it back up for the descent. I already have that up front with the Pike, so I think this shock will compliment it well.
 

·
Salt of the Earth
Joined
·
117 Posts
Yes 37 Pounds for an 07 Coilair

dingleberry said:
37 lb Coilair? My 19'' 05 Coiler is somewhere between 33 and 34 lbs with a Pike coil up front and a pushed Vanilla coil in the rear. I do run a fairly light wheelset though.

I weighed mine on a certified weights and measures digitial scale (hanging) my LBS keeps around.

Stock 2007 18" Coilair with pedals on = 37.45 lbs.:eek:

Key Offenders
--> Wheels = 6.4 LBS (~2900 grams)
--> RF Crank (DH) = 2.6 LBS (~1200 grams)
--> Kona JackSh1t Pedals (both) = 1.5 LBS (~700 grams)
--> Bar and Stem are also big offenders; seatpost isn't too bad.

Now, before the flaming starts, realize I am not a weight weenie but rather a guy who thought he was buying a 34 lb bike... which with modifications is now at 34 lbs:thumbsup:

Also -- and I am not sure about this one -- seems to me frame weight changed (got heavier) -- from 06 to 07. Can't find any frame weights though so that is just speculation at this point.:skep:
 

·
solid gold plated
Joined
·
878 Posts
dont quote me on this but im fair sure they have gotten heavier, either that or they have started shipping in a few pounds of "stuff" with each frame and forgotten to take it out lol
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top