Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have resisted the RP3 invasion.....I have also managed to overcome the urge to go for a DHAir .....but fighting against this Rocco would be futile !! I do not know if this massive shaft fits between the rockers though !!!

(Another phrase for cactus' list)

·
Rides like wrecking ball
1,119 Posts
Renegade said:
Imagine it DB. The pushed dhx-coil I'm using has no platform, and works fine. Platform is for folks who don't know how to pedal!:D
Darren removed all low-speed damping for you? Why?

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,994 Posts
Renegade said:
Imagine it DB. The pushed dhx-coil I'm using has no platform, and works fine. Platform is for folks who don't know how to pedal!:D
And platform is for people who don't want their suspension to work.

·
mtbr platinum member
1,426 Posts
Dusty Bottoms said:
Is this shock sans platform a la the Roco coil?
FWIW, I saw in some Euro bike mag a blurb on the Rocco Air saying that it had a TST-type of lever to dial in different compression settings a la RP3 or Septune. I may just have been some quasi-Richard Cunningham word vomit though.:rolleyes:

·
Outcast
8,575 Posts
Bulldog said:
Darren removed all low-speed damping for you? Why?
Bulldog, the race system service for the DHX removes the boost valve/propedal platform mechanism from the shock. The low speed damping is set up at the piston via the shim stacks on both the compression and rebpound sides, and some intricate mill work on the piston itself. There is still low speed damping, but it's not like most low speed systems which seem to lock out piston movement alltogether. The result is not an uncontrolled pogo stick.

·
Rides like wrecking ball
1,119 Posts
Renegade said:
Bulldog, the race system service for the DHX removes the boost valve/propedal platform mechanism from the shock. The low speed damping is set up at the piston via the shim stacks on both the compression and rebpound sides, and some intricate mill work on the piston itself. There is still low speed damping, but it's not like most low speed systems which seem to lock out piston movement alltogether. The result is not an uncontrolled pogo stick.
Ah, Darren used to call his low speed damping a "platform" of sorts. Guess we're just using different wording to say the same thing...

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I nearly missed this little gem

Dusty Bottoms said:
Is this shock sans platform a la the Roco coil? I can't imagine a Turner frame without some sort of platform shock....

Exactly. I'm a masher from hell. I need band-aids all over my bike.
So why would you be concerned/need platform help if you don't own a Turner?

Wait for it gents, the closet door is opening.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.