Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
~~~~~~~~
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a coil shock for my Highline.
I think I can get a Roco for less than a DHX.
Searching Roco it looks like the Turner crew isn't as interested in this shock as the santa cruz, iron horse, etc. folks are.

My primary question would be what spring weight. I would be running a non-spec 8.5x2.5 and my weight is 145lbs. and I usually carry 10+ on my back.

I noticed that Knolly has found that he needs to run 100lbs. less spring than the DHX for his frame design.

I'll probably call around to DT, Push, Marz. etc. but I thought I'd toss it out here and see if anyone can comment.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Pm a feller named 1soulrider on ridemonkey. He's a buddy of mine and he's got a highline with a roco. He said he likes in for descending but can't get it to pedal worth a damn for climbs. Might be something to consider in contrast to something like a dhx.

The only one I've ridden was on a ventana dh bike and it felt fine but all we were doing were shuttles at bootleg. No climbing.

·
~~~~~~~~
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for the tip, I got the dhx air for my xc sessions, and I run minimum PP as it is.

I would probably get the dhx coil if the price was equal, and wait for the 07 Roco.

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
airwreck said:
I noticed that Knolly has found that he needs to run 100lbs. less spring than the DHX for his frame design.
I wouldn't have guessed that to be the case. I didn't think the Roco had much if any progressive compression damping?

I guess my image of the Roco being like an un-Pushed Van R/C must be way off.

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
jncarpenter said:
....speaking of PUSH, wasn't it rumored that Darren was going to eventually offer a service for the Roco?
Yuo, Push is going to release the rocco upgrade in september..........2012. That date may later be revised.... to the right.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts