Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on riding here this weekend but I am not sure how bad the trails will be becasue of all th rain. Did anybody ride the trails since the snow melted yet? I really need to get out on my bike this weekend again :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't hold your breath.

I haven't checked recently, but it is highly unlikely that the trails are even open. They have been closed for weeks (all York Co. parks are) and with yesterdays rain, it will probably be several more days until they are open. You can call (717) 840-7440 to find out, there are also signs posted at the entrance.

EDIT: I just called, they are still closed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i talked to the woman this morning and she said maybe they'd be open by next weekend. nowhere will be rideable this weekend after 2.6 inches of rain.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I rode Gretna yesterday, and it really wasn't bad. I mean there were some obvious spots where I got off and carried the bike because of mud, but I rode up 10, then down 2,3 and 5 to get back to the car and I would say 85 - 90 % I was only leaving tread pattern on the trail. There are two spots on 5 though that are literally a small stream, not that bad if you don't mind your feet getting a tad wet. Not sure what trails you like there, but those that I mentioned are ridable if you walk it through the worst spots.

·
Registered
145 Posts
is anyone riding there this weekend? i don't think the weather is supposed to be as great as it was today and will be tomorrow...of course i was looking to ride saturday/sunday...

·
Registered
365 Posts
antgrave said:
is anyone riding there this weekend? i don't think the weather is supposed to be as great as it was today and will be tomorrow...of course i was looking to ride saturday/sunday...
I'll be heading out tomorrow....as long as the trails are open of course. If not I'll be riding at Gretna. Weather.com shows 54 and sunny for tomorrow with only 10% chance of rain.....that was all I needed to see to make some riding plans! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Called the York Parks office last night and the message said that Rocky Ridge is open for mountain biking. Looks like the next few days will provide nice weather.

·
Registered
145 Posts
is anyone riding rocky ridge tomorrow (saturday)? if so, what time? i'm thinking about going out there but as many times as i've riden there, i can only find 2 trails...

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'll probably head out in the morning.....10-10:30. You must have been riding in the dark or with your eyes closed! ha-ha I can't believe you could only find two trails :eek: .....they are pretty easy to find. I can show you some if you want to ride in the morning. Let me know...

·
Registered
365 Posts
antgrave said:
is anyone riding rocky ridge tomorrow (saturday)? if so, what time? i'm thinking about going out there but as many times as i've riden there, i can only find 2 trails...
Do you want me to show you some of the loops tomorrow? I can do anything from 4 miles to 10+ based on how you loop them all together. If you do just PM me and we can set a time t meet.

·
Registered
365 Posts
FYI - Conditions were pretty good yesterday. There were a couple wet spots where my tires sank in a bit but that was contained to one or two small spots on the trails. Also, the water crossings were crossable but the water levels were still higher than normal. All in all though the trails are in good shape.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I was out today and rode the new trail for the first time. I thought everything was good just 2 or 3 wet spots.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Might be riding here on tuesday with antgrave after work but not positive yet until I hear back from him....it looks like it might be the only dry day this week. If you'd be up for a ride let me know and I'll give you the details. If Rocky Ridge doesn't work we may end up at gretna.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gretna would work a lot better because I don't get home from school until about 3 and until I show up 3:30. I am thinking of taking out my Single Speed sometime during the week, possibly tuesday.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Rad Rider 415 said:
Gretna would work a lot better because I don't get home from school until about 3 and until I show up 3:30. I am thinking of taking out my Single Speed sometime during the week, possibly tuesday.
I'm not sure how long you ride....I typically go for an hour and a half to two hours max....and it's staying light until 7 or just after so we'd have plenty of time to go anywhere. I'm not sure what time I'd be able to leave work anyways depending on how busy I am.......work = :madman: Tuesday looks like the best day though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts